- Advertising and Marketing Law
- Consumer Products Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Internet and Domain Names
- IP Transactional
- Right of Publicity
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trademark and Copyright Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- Trademarks and Trade Dress
- Unfair Competition and False Advertising
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
- State of Connecticut, 2017
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. with Intellectual Property Certificate, with honors, 2017
Trinity College, B.A., Public Policy and Law, cum laude, 2014
Ali Caless assists clients with trademark clearance, prosecution, monitoring, and enforcement. She advises clients in both U.S. and foreign portfolio development and management. Ali is involved in drafting settlement agreements to resolve trademark disputes. She also provides assistance with other intellectual property agreements including assignments, licenses, and consent agreements. Ali also has experience in copyright matters and domain name disputes, including arbitrations under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2021-present
- Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2017-2020
- Law Clerk, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2012-2017
- Law Clerk, Woodbridge Group of Companies, January-July 2016
- October 13, 2020
Cantor Colburn LLP, one of the largest full-service intellectual property law firms in the country, is pleased to announce that partners Michael Cantor and Andrew Ryan are Super Lawyers and Ali Caless and Ali Hayter are Rising Stars. Only 5% of attorneys are selected to be Super Lawyers; only 2.5% of attorneys are selected to be Rising Stars.
- May 28, 2020
Cantor Colburn copyright attorneys presented a webinar on copyright law for artists, called, "Creativity and the Law: A Webinar for Artists on What Every Artist Should Know About Copyright," on May 28, 2020. This webinar was in partnership with the Greater Hartford Arts Council to explain how art is protected by copyright law. Michelle Ciotola, Ali Caless, Benjamin Cantor and Crysta Lemon Schmidt presented.
- IP Law360March 18, 2020
Curt Krechevsky and Ali Caless co-authored the article “TTAB Rulings' Preclusive Effect 5 Years After B&B Hardware,” published in IP Law360 on March 18, 2020.
- May 28, 2020
Cantor Colburn copyright attorneys will present the complimentary webinar, "Creativity and the Law: A Webinar for Artists on What Every Artist Should Know About Copyright," on May 28, 2020 at 5:30 PM in partnership with the Greater Hartford Arts Council. Michelle Ciotola, Ali Caless, Benjamin Cantor and Crysta Lemon Schmidt will review copyright law and how artists can protect their creative works.
- December 3, 2019Hartford, Connecticut
Alison Caless will participate on an IP Ethics CLE panel for the IP section of the Connecticut Bar on December 3, 2019; 2 CLE Ethics credits are available in CT and NY. Alison is a member of the CBA's IP Section.
- October 23, 2019West Hartford, Connecticut
- October 15, 2019Plantsville, Connecticut
- September 17, 2019Dublin, Ireland
- May 18, 2019Boston, Massachusetts
The 141st annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) will take place in Boston, Massachusetts from May 18-22, 2018. Nearly 10,000 intellectual property professionals from around the world will attend, including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- May 4, 2019University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Several Cantor Colburn attorneys will be judges at the regional and statewide Connecticut Invention Convention (CIC), competitions, including Eric Baron, who is also a CIC board member, Lynn Stewart, Dennis Jakiela, Ph.D., Wanli Wu, Ali Caless, Dmitry Zuev, Chris Boehm, Luann Liang, and Sandy Sawwan. Michael Cantor ill attend to represent the firm during the program, which will recognize Cantor Colburn's support. This year's convention will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at UConn's Storrs campus.
- April 12, 2019New York City
- January 30, 2019Cantor Colburn's Hartford Office
The Copyright Team at Cantor Colburn will present, “Creativity and the Law: What Every Artist Should Know About Their Creations,” presented in partnership with the Greater Hartford Arts Council. This session is a copyright basics seminar for artists in all media.
- March 28, 2018Southington, Connecticut
The Women of Innovation® awards gala on March 28, 2018, celebrates the women who make Connecticut's businesses and institutions strong leaders on the cutting edge. The event is presented by the Connecticut Technology Council.
- December 5, 2017Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn's copyright attorneys are pleased to partner with the Greater Hartford Arts Council and present a copyright basics seminar for artists in all media. This session will inform artists about the rights and protections available to them regarding their creations.
Connecticut Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section and Education Coordinator
- Young Lawyers Section
International Trademark Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Education Team