- Advertising and Marketing Law
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Internet and Domain Names
- IP Transactional
- Right of Publicity
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trademark and Copyright Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- Trademarks and Trade Dress
- Unfair Competition and False Advertising
- State of Connecticut, 2017
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D. with Intellectual Property Certificate, with honors, 2017
Trinity College, B.A., Public Policy and Law, cum laude, 2014
Ali Caless assists clients with trademark clearance, prosecution, monitoring, and enforcement. She advises clients in both U.S. and foreign portfolio development and management. Ali is involved in drafting settlement agreements to resolve trademark disputes. She also provides assistance with other intellectual property agreements including assignments, licenses, and consent agreements. Ali also has experience in copyright matters and domain name disputes, including arbitrations under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2017-present
- Law Clerk, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2012-2017
- Law Clerk, Woodbridge Group of Companies, January 2016-July 2016
- IP Law360March 18, 2020
Curt Krechevsky and Ali Caless co-authored the article “TTAB Rulings' Preclusive Effect 5 Years After B&B Hardware,” published in IP Law360 on March 18, 2020.
- December 3, 2019Hartford, Connecticut
Alison Caless will participate on an IP Ethics CLE panel for the IP section of the Connecticut Bar on December 3, 2019; 2 CLE Ethics credits are available in CT and NY. Alison is a member of the CBA's IP Section.
- October 23, 2019West Hartford, Connecticut
- October 15, 2019Plantsville, Connecticut
- September 17, 2019Dublin, Ireland
- May 18, 2019Boston, Massachusetts
The 141st annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) will take place in Boston, Massachusetts from May 18-22, 2018. Nearly 10,000 intellectual property professionals from around the world will attend, including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- May 4, 2019University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Several Cantor Colburn attorneys will be judges at the regional and statewide Connecticut Invention Convention (CIC), competitions, including Eric Baron, who is also a CIC board member, Lynn Stewart, Dennis Jakiela, Ph.D., Wanli Wu, Derek Jennings, Ali Caless, Dmitry Zuev, Chris Boehm, Luann Liang, and Sandy Sawwan. Michael Cantor ill attend to represent the firm during the program, which will recognize Cantor Colburn's support. This year's convention will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at UConn's Storrs campus.
- April 12, 2019New York City
- January 30, 2019Cantor Colburn's Hartford Office
The Copyright Team at Cantor Colburn will present, “Creativity and the Law: What Every Artist Should Know About Their Creations,” presented in partnership with the Greater Hartford Arts Council. This session is a copyright basics seminar for artists in all media.
- March 28, 2018Southington, Connecticut
The Women of Innovation® awards gala on March 28, 2018, celebrates the women who make Connecticut's businesses and institutions strong leaders on the cutting edge. The event is presented by the Connecticut Technology Council.
- December 5, 2017Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn's copyright attorneys are pleased to partner with the Greater Hartford Arts Council and present a copyright basics seminar for artists in all media. This session will inform artists about the rights and protections available to them regarding their creations.
Connecticut Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
International Trademark Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Education Team