- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Computer Science & Software
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive Technology
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- State of Connecticut, 2012
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, 2003
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
- US Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
- Federal District Court of Massachusetts, 1999
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1998
Boston University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1998
- Edward F. Hennessey Distinguished Scholar award
- G. Joseph Tauro Distinguished Scholar award
- Paul J. Liacos Distinguished Scholar award
- Dean’s Awards in Sales & Secured Transactions and Antitrust
- Article Editor of Journal of Science and Technology Law
University of Colorado at Boulder, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1995
- Top 10% of Graduating Electrical Engineering Class
- Deans List
- Regents Scholarship
- Texaco Philanthropic Scholarship
- Housing Committee Distinguished Student Award
Brad Lawrence focuses his practice on intellectual property (IP) counseling including the protection of clients' inventions through carefully planned patent procurement, integrated with other strategic considerations, including development of licensing strategies and analysis of the IP and product positions of others. Brad also devotes a significant amount of time to performing product clearances in the form of non-infringement and/or invalidity opinions. He also has significant prior litigation experience that includes many aspects of patent, trademark, and trade secret litigation as well as licensing and other extrajudicial resolution of IP disputes.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2014-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2012-2013
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2008-2011
Associate, Bromberg & Sunstein, LLP, Boston, MA, 2005-2007
Associate, Testa, Hurwitz & Thibeault, LLP, Boston MA, 2003-2005
Associate, Wolf, Greenfield & Sacks, P.C., Boston, MA, 1998-2003
- Law360April 10, 2014
Four of Cantor Colburn’s attorneys were recognized in Law360’s law firm elevations list for the first quarter of 2014.
- January 1, 2014
Cantor Colburn LLP, one of the nation’s leading intellectual property law firms, welcomes the new year with the election of four partners and two counsels. Dave S. Christensen, Daniel R. Gibson, M. Brad Lawrence, and Leslie- Anne Maxwell, Ph.D. have been elevated to partner, and Thomas J. Mango and Jeffrey L. Waters have been elevated to counsel.
- July 25, 2018New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is sponsoring the 15th Annual Patents for Financial Services Summit on July 25-26, 2018 in New York City. Partner Brad Lawrence will moderate a panel discussion on patent matters and AI - artificial intelligence. Co-Managing Partner Philmore Colburn II and Associate Michael Powell will also attend the summit.
- May 15, 2018The Colonnade Hotel, Boston, MA
Cantor Colburn is sponsoring The IP Strategy Summit: Boston on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, where Co-Managing Partner Philmore Colburn II will be a featured speaker. Phil will be part of a panel discussion on "Prosecution and Portfolio Management: "Going Beyond Quality" and lead a roundtable discussion on "Unintended Consequences of Nautilus, Highmark, Octane & ALICE for Patent Owners." Brad Lawrence, a partner at Cantor Colburn will also attend.
- March 23, 2018New York City
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 96th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on March 23, 2018. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the Judges' Dinner.
- March 14, 2018New York, New York
- November 15, 2017Boston, Massachusetts
Phil Colburn will be a part of the panel presentation and discussion, "Portfolio Management & Patent Prosecution in the Era of IPRs, ALICE & OCTANE" at the IP Strategy Summit: Boston on November 15, 2017. Phil also led a roundtable discussion on "Unintended Consequences: What Patent Owners Need to Know about Nautilus, Octane, Highmark and Alice."
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), U.S. Patent Office Practice Committee, Member