- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Post Grant Practice
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Managing IP, IP Stars, Connecticut, USA, 2013-2018
- Faculty Award, Catholic University of America, 1995
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut, 1996
- State of Connecticut, 1996
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1995
Catholic University of America, J.D., 1994
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1989
- Adjunct Professor, University of Connecticut School of Law, Patent Law, 2001-2003
David Fox’s experience with patent law began in 1990 as a Patent Examiner with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. In 1995, Dave entered private practice counseling clients in all phases of patent prosecution. His current practice involves patent prosecution, due diligence, invalidity/non-infringement opinions and pre-litigation analysis. He co-chairs the firm’s Electrical-Mechanical Department and focuses on electrical, software, and mechanical technologies. He has been an adjunct professor of patent law at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1996-present
Associate, Ratner Prestia, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, 1995-1996
Patent Examiner, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, specializing in image processing arts, 1990-1994
- May 3, 2018
Six Cantor Colburn partners were selected as IP Stars in the 2018 World IP Survey by Managing Intellectual Property. Cantor Colburn was recognized as a “highly recommended” intellectual property (IP) law firm in the state of Connecticut, where the firm is headquartered.
Co-Managing Partners Michael Cantor and Philmore Colburn were listed in Connecticut, as were Pamela Curbelo, David Fox, and Leah Reimer, Ph.D. Paul Marshall, who is based in the firm’s Detroit office, made the list for the state of Michigan. All are Patent Stars and Mr. Colburn is additionally a Trademark Star.
- May 30, 2017
- August 1, 2014
Eight Cantor Colburn attorneys were selected as IP Stars in the 2014 World IP Survey
by Managing Intellectual Property.
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- The Legal 500 USAJune 10, 2013
- November 13, 2017East Hartford, Connecticut
- Strategies for Drafting and Prosecuting Applications to Move Quickly Through the USPTO2005AIPLA Spring Meeting
- Patentability of Computer Implementations of Known Processes200319th Annual Joint Patent Seminar
American Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
Connecticut Bar Association
Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association