For the last ten years, Cantor Colburn has been the fastest growing patent law firm in the country.
In February 2016, Juristat measured growth in workload in more than 300 U.S. intellectual property law firms as an indicator of which were “great businesses.” Juristat also noted that “our top firm, Cantor Colburn, was the fastest-growing by a significant margin.”
A full-service intellectual property law firm for more than 40 years, Cantor Colburn is today among the largest intellectual property (IP) firms in the nation. We are dedicated to helping a diverse group of technology-based clients optimize their IP assets.
Our capabilities and experience have not gone unnoticed. Recent recognition includes:
- Fastest Growing U.S. Patent Firm, Juristat, 2016
- Sixth Largest Utility Patent Law Firm, IP Watchdog, 2017
- Fourth Largest Design Patent Law Firm, Ant-like Persistence, 2017
- Tenth Largest Trademark Law Firm, Ant-like Persistence, 2017
- US News and World Report's Best Law Firm, 2017, 2018
- US News and World Report's Best Lawyers, 2016, 2017
- The Juristat Top 100 Patent Firms 2017
- Nationally Ranked for Patent Litigation, Corporate Counsel
- The Legal 500 United States - Patents - prosecution (including re-examination and post grant proceedings), The Legal 500 United States 2017
- Best IP Prosecution and Counseling Law Firm - USA, Acquisition International's IP Awards, 2016
- Top 100 Firms for Minority Attorneys, Law360, 2016
- Corporate IP Law Firm in Connecticut, Global Law Experts, 2016
- Litigation Department of the Year - Intellectual Property, The Connecticut Law Tribune, May 2014
- IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property, 2013-2017
- Who's Who Legal 100, 2013-2016
Our attorneys and agents are exceptionally experienced in all areas of IP law, including:
- Filing and Prosecution
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trademarks and Copyrights
- Trade Secrets
- Transactional, Licensing, and Technology Transfer
- Design Patents
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Post-Grant Practice
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
Our legal skills are supported by our considerable in-depth technical knowledge and experience. Most of the attorneys have undergraduate or graduate degrees in such fields as biochemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, microbiology, neuroscience, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, and environmental engineering.
Our clients are leaders in cutting-edge, high-tech fields such as aerospace, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, medical instrumentation, optics, software, and chemical engineering – and we understand what drives their businesses. They benefit from our first-hand experience gained from our partners that were formerly in-house attorneys at corporations that engaged in significant research and development.
It is through our uncommon combination of technical, scientific, business, and legal experience that we are able to help our clients achieve their IP objectives – and succeed in today’s competitive marketplace.