- Additive Manufacturing Practice
- Ex Parte Reexaminations
- Expedited Patent Examination
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Inter Partes Review
- Invalidity Opinions
- Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Patentability Opinions
- Post Grant Practice
- Product Clearance
- Right to Practice Opinions
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Environmental Engineering
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2004
- State of New Jersey, 2001
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2001
Temple University School of Law, J.D., 2001
Duke University, B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1998
Howard I. Levy
Howard Levy concentrates his practice on patent prosecution, appeals, and patent strategy counseling for clients in all mechanical, electrical, and computer science fields. He is experienced in both domestic and foreign prosecution of patent applications relating to phased-arrays and active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs). Howard also has a wealth of experience in phased-power generation technologies, materials science, controls, automotive and aerodynamic fields, rotary electric machines, electro-mechanical devices and circuits, micro-electrical mechanical systems (MEMS), packaging technologies, signal generation, transmission, reception and processing, semi-conductor manufacturing, computer storage and handling systems, e-commerce and business methods, error correction coding, cryptology, digital media, missile and weapons systems, radomes, spacecraft design, mining technologies, fasteners, and apparel. He has drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patents.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2015-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2013-2014
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2007-2012
Associate, Stein, McEwen & Bui LLP, 2004-2007
Associate, Staas & Halsey LLP, 2002-2004
Associate, Oblon, Spivak, 2001-2002
- IP Law360February 12, 2018
IP Law360 published Partner Howard Levy's article, "Reconsidering Accelerated Examination — While It's Still Here" in its Expert Analysis section on February 12, 2018.
- Washington Business JournalJanuary 2, 2013
- December 7, 2022Washington, D.C.
Cantor Colburn is proud to be the Diamond Sponsor the 2022 IPO Education Foundation Awards Celebration which recognizes the Inventor of the Year, Executive of the Year, and the IP Champion.
- December 7, 2022Arlington, Virginia
The Patents & IP Summit in Arlington, Virginia on December 7-8, 2022, will delve into the recent legal decisions, emerging technologies, and entrepreneurial momentum that are changing the IP and Patent landscape for in-house corporate counsel. Cantor Colburn partners Phil Colburn, Brad Lawrence, and Howard Levy will attend.
- March 28, 2019
The Corporate IP Counsel Forum takes place in New York City on March 28-29, 2019. Partners Brad Lawrence and Howard Levy will attend.
- March 14, 2018New York, New York
Howard Levy will lead a roundtable discussion, "Explore the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Accelerated Patent Examination," at the 10th Annual Corporate IP Counsel Forum in New York City on March 14, 2018.
- June 3, 2017USPTO, Alexandria, Virginia
Cantor Colburn is proud to have been a returning sponsor of the The National Invention Convention and Entrepreneurship Expo (NICEE) on Saturday, June 3, 2017, at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Cantor Colburn sponsored the Most Patentable Award, and provided pro bono legal assistance to the winner, which includes a patent search, patent filing, and prosecution of a patent application.
American Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association