- Design Patents Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Post Grant Practice
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trade Secrets
- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Client Choice –Intellectual Property Law Award in the USA, 2014 Legal’s Finest 200 Awards
- Eastern District Court of Michigan, 2006
- State of Michigan, 2003
- Southern District Court of New York 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1997
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1997
- State of New York, 1997
- State of Connecticut, 1996
Quinnipiac University, J.D., Pursuing post-graduate studies in Electrical Engineering, 1996
- Executive Board Member of Quinnipiac College Moot Court Honor Society
University of Rhode Island, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1989
- Adjunct Professor in Patent Law and Procedure, Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Lansing, MI
Chris Boehm manages intellectual property portfolios for Fortune 100 companies in patent, trademark, trade secrets, and copyright matters. He provides counseling with regard to: invention development, worldwide enforcement, patent procurement, intellectual property landscaping, intellectual property maintenance, licensing, clearance, and litigation matters. He also prepares and revises intellectual property processes for our clients. Chris has handled matters involving, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronics, automotive technologies, vehicle safety technologies, airbags, seat belts, restraints and related systems, vehicle latch, window and roof systems, vehicle interiors, firearm technologies, toy and game industries, mechanical and electrical locks, energy, computer science, software, and telecommunications and environmental engineering. Chris taught advanced patent office practice as an Adjunct Professor at the Thomas M. Cooley School of Law in Lansing, Michigan for five years.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2002-present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1999-2002
Associate, Handal & Morofsky, Norwalk, CT, 1996-1999
Law Clerk, Handal & Morofsky, Norwalk, CT, 1994-1996
Field Services Supervisor, Hygenix, Inc., 1992-1993
- September 23, 2018Chicago, Illinois
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 46th Annual Meeting takes place September 23-25, 2018, in Chicago, Illinois.
- September 17, 2018Southfield, Michigan
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the Michigan Association of Corporate Counsel Golf Outing on September 17, 2018 at Plum Hollow Country Club in Southfield, Michigan. Proceeds go to a scholarship fund supported by the Michigan ACC.
- March 23, 2018New York City
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 96th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on March 23, 2018. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the Judges' Dinner.
- September 17, 2017San Francisco, California
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 45th Annual Meeting takes place in San Francisco, California, September 17-19, 2017.
- March 31, 2017New York, New York
- September 22, 2016New York, New York
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 44th Annual Meeting takes place September 22-24, 2016, in New York City. For more information visit the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) website.
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- May 13, 2015New Haven, Connecticut
The IP Inn of Court for Connecticut was inaugurated on May 13, 2015. The Inn was inaugurated when Federal Circuit Judge Richard Linn presented District of Connecticut Judge Janet Bond Arterton with the charter of the Inn.
Cantor Colburn's Michael Cantor, Co-Managing Partner, and Nicholas Geiger, Litigation Associate, are officers of the IP Inn. Other Cantor Colburn attorneys who are charter members are Bud Bedingfield, Adam Bercowetz, Christopher Boehm, and Tasia Perkins.
- March 27, 2015New York, New York
At the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 93rd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary, former United States Secretary of State Keynote Speaker Madeleine K. Albright will be the keynote speaker and Honorable James D. Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office, will receive the Outstanding Public Service Award.
- January 12, 2015Detroit, Michigan
The North American International Auto Show 2015 takes place the week of January 12, 2015, showcasing the next generation of transportation. Cantor Colburn is pleased to support the Auto Show Charity Preview on January 16, the proceeds of which directly benefit a wide range of children's charities.
- October 23, 2014North Haven, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn partners Anne Maxwell, Ph.D., Esq. and Christopher Boehm, Esq. will present "Understanding and Valuing Intellectual Property" to the Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts on Thursday, October 23rd at the New Haven Realtors Association in North Haven, Connecticut.
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
- IPO Annual MeetingSeptember 15, 2013Boston, Massachusetts
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association
Connecticut IP Inn of Court, Charter Member
Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
New York Intellectual Property Law Association