- Automotive Practice
- Design Patents Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Ex Parte Reexaminations
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Inter Partes Review
- Invalidity Opinions
- IP Transactional
- Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Patentability Opinions
- Post Grant Practice
- Product Clearance
- Right to Practice Opinions
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trade Secrets
- Transfers, Mergers, Acquisitions, Bankruptcies and Securitizations
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Client Choice –Intellectual Property Law Award in the USA, 2014 Legal’s Finest 200 Awards
- Eastern District Court of Michigan, 2006
- State of Michigan, 2003
- Southern District Court of New York 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1997
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1997
- State of New York, 1997
- State of Connecticut, 1996
Quinnipiac University, J.D., Pursuing post-graduate studies in Electrical Engineering, 1996
- Executive Board Member of Quinnipiac College Moot Court Honor Society
University of Rhode Island, B.S., Civil Engineering, 1989
- Adjunct Professor, Advanced Patent Law, UCONN Law
- Adjunct Professor, Patent Law and Procedure, Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Lansing, MI
Chris Boehm manages intellectual property portfolios for Fortune 100 companies in patent, trademark, trade secrets, and copyright matters. He provides counseling with regard to: invention development, worldwide enforcement, patent procurement, intellectual property landscaping, intellectual property maintenance, licensing, clearance, and litigation matters. He also prepares and revises intellectual property processes for our clients. Chris has handled matters involving, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronics, automotive technologies, vehicle safety technologies, airbags, seat belts, restraints and related systems, vehicle latch, window and roof systems, vehicle interiors, firearm technologies, toy and game industries, mechanical and electrical locks, energy, computer science, software, and telecommunications and environmental engineering. Chris taught advanced patent office practice as an Adjunct Professor at the Thomas M. Cooley School of Law in Lansing, Michigan for four years.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2002-present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1999-2002
Associate, Handal & Morofsky, Norwalk, CT, 1996-1999
Law Clerk, Handal & Morofsky, Norwalk, CT, 1994-1996
Field Services Supervisor, Hygenix, Inc., 1992-1993
- October 7, 2019Hartford, Connecticut
STANLEY + Techstars Accelerator Demo Day 2019 marks the culmination of an intensive, three-month program which helps company founders accelerate their businesses through investment, resources and mentorship. Demo Day provides the founders of each of the 10 innovative companies selected for the STANLEY + Techstars Accelerator the opportunity to share their company vision with the Hartford community during a free, public event.
- September 24, 2019Washington, D.C.
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 47th Annual Meeting takes place September 24-26, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
- July 17, 2019Mackinac Island, Michigan
Cantor Colburn is pleased to sponsor the ICLE's 45th Annual Intellectual Property Law Summer Institute, taking place on July 18, 2019 on Mackinac Island, Michigan.
- May 4, 2019University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Several Cantor Colburn attorneys will be judges at the regional and statewide Connecticut Invention Convention (CIC), competitions, including Eric Baron, who is also a CIC board member, Lynn Stewart, Dennis Jakiela, Ph.D., Wanli Wu, Ali Caless, Dmitry Zuev, Chris Boehm, Luann Liang, and Sandy Sawwan. Michael Cantor ill attend to represent the firm during the program, which will recognize Cantor Colburn's support. This year's convention will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at UConn's Storrs campus.
- March 22, 2019New York City
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 97th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on March 22, 2019. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the Judges' Dinner.
- September 23, 2018Chicago, Illinois
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 46th Annual Meeting takes place September 23-25, 2018, in Chicago, Illinois.
- September 17, 2018Southfield, Michigan
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the Michigan Association of Corporate Counsel Golf Outing on September 17, 2018 at Plum Hollow Country Club in Southfield, Michigan. Proceeds go to a scholarship fund supported by the Michigan ACC.
- March 23, 2018New York City
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 96th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on March 23, 2018. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the Judges' Dinner.
- September 17, 2017San Francisco, California
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 45th Annual Meeting takes place in San Francisco, California, September 17-19, 2017.
- March 31, 2017New York, New York
- September 22, 2016New York, New York
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 44th Annual Meeting takes place September 22-24, 2016, in New York City.
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- May 13, 2015New Haven, Connecticut
The IP Inn of Court for Connecticut was inaugurated on May 13, 2015. The Inn was inaugurated when Federal Circuit Judge Richard Linn presented District of Connecticut Judge Janet Bond Arterton with the charter of the Inn.
Cantor Colburn's Michael Cantor, Co-Managing Partner, and Nicholas Geiger, Litigation Associate, are officers of the IP Inn. Other Cantor Colburn attorneys who are charter members are Bud Bedingfield, Christopher Boehm, and Tasia Perkins.
- March 27, 2015New York, New York
At the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 93rd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary, former United States Secretary of State Keynote Speaker Madeleine K. Albright will be the keynote speaker and Honorable James D. Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office, will receive the Outstanding Public Service Award.
- January 12, 2015Detroit, Michigan
The North American International Auto Show 2015 takes place the week of January 12, 2015, showcasing the next generation of transportation. Cantor Colburn is pleased to support the Auto Show Charity Preview on January 16, the proceeds of which directly benefit a wide range of children's charities.
- October 23, 2014North Haven, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn partners Anne Maxwell, Ph.D., Esq. and Christopher Boehm, Esq. will present "Understanding and Valuing Intellectual Property" to the Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts on Thursday, October 23rd at the New Haven Realtors Association in North Haven, Connecticut.
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
- IPO Annual MeetingSeptember 15, 2013Boston, Massachusetts
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association
- U.S. Post-Grant Patent Office Practice Committee Member
Connecticut IP Inn of Court, Charter Member
Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
New York Intellectual Property Law Association