- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Design Patents Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Post Grant Practice
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2006
- District of Columbia, 2005
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 2004
- State of New Jersey, 2004
University of New Hampshire School of Law, (formerly known as Franklin Pierce Law Center), J.D., 2003
University of New Hampshire School of Law, (formerly known as Franklin Pierce Law Center), Masters in Intellectual Property, 2003
Tulane University, B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2000
Jenae Gureff focuses her practice on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications related to medical devices and mechanical technologies, serving both foreign and domestic companies. Jenae has considerable experience in preparing and prosecuting utility and design patent applications in the mechanical and biomedical arts, particularly medical devices and prosthetics, surgical methods and techniques, eyewear, robotic surgical systems, door technology systems, remote control devices, image detection units, aircraft systems, and agricultural delivery devices. Jenae also handles opinion work related to the foregoing technologies. She is an active member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and is the current Chair of the Mentoring Committee, having recently served as Vice Chair.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2018-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2016-2017
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2011-2015
Associate, Roylance, Abrams, Berdo & Goodman LLP, Washington, DC, 2005-2011
Attorney, Pepper Hamilton LLP, Philadelphia, PA, 2004-2005
Associate, RatnerPrestia PC, Valley Forge, PA, 2003-2004
- January 2, 2018
Cantor Colburn welcomes the new year with the elevation of two attorneys to its partnership, Eric J. Baron and Jenae C. Gureff, and the promotion of two Associates to Counsel, Duane P. Minley and Jason D. Radachy. Mr. Baron and Mr. Radachy are located in the firm’s Hartford office, Ms. Gureff is in Washington, D.C., and Mr. Minley is in Atlanta.
- January 5, 2016
- May 14, 2018Seattle, Washington
Jenae Gureff will attend AIPLA Spring Meeting in Seattle on May 14-17, 2018.
- April 25, 2018Alexandria, VA
Members of Cantor Colburn's Design Patents Practice Group will attend USPTO Design Day on April 25, 2018 in Alexandria, VA. Cantor Colburn is the #3 largest filer of design patents in the country and several of our attorneys attend Design Day every year. Design Practice Co-Chair Dan Drexler will be a panelist at the event.
- January 24, 2018Palm Springs, California
Partner Jenae Gureff will attend the American Intellectual Property Law Association MidWinter Meeting, January 24-27 in Palm Springs. She is an active member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and is the current Chair of the Mentoring Committee, having recently served as Vice Chair.
- October 19, 2017Washington, D.C.
The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) held its annual meeting October 19-21, 2017, in Washington, D.C. Jenae Gureff, Counsel in the D.C. office, became Chair of AIPLA's Mentoring Committee.
- May 17, 2017San Diego, California
Cantor Colburn attorney Jenae Gureff attended the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) 2017 Spring Meeting. Gureff is Vice Chair of the Mentoring Committee and is Chair of the Pairings Subcommittee.
- October 27, 2016Washington, D.C.
The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) held its annual meeting October 27-29, 2016, in Washington, D.C.
- April 19, 2016Alexandria, Virginia
This year is the 10th Anniversary of the USPTO Design Day. Design Day is on April 19 and takes place at the PTO. The free seminar is attended by United States Patent and Trademark Office Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country.
- October 22, 2015Washington, D.C.
The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) will hold its annual meeting October 22-24, 2015, in Washington, D.C.
- April 30, 2015Los Angeles, California
- January 28, 2015Orlando, Florida
Washington, D.C.-based Cantor Colburn associate Jenae Gureff attended the AIPLA 2015 Mid-Winter Institute meeting in Orlando. Gureff serves on the AIPLA Mentoring Committee and chairs the Pairings Subcommittee.
- October 23, 2014Washington, D.C.
- May 15, 2014Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
- AIPLA 2013 Spring MeetingMay 1, 2013Seattle, Washington
American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Chair, Mentoring Committee
Biomedical Engineering Society
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)