USPTO Annual Design Day 2023
May 4, 2023
Save the date to attend the 16th Annual USPTO Design Day on May 4, 2023 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The event is an in-person or virtual day of lively and thought-provoking discussion about various aspects of design patents, hosted at the USPTO, which will feature insights from design managers, design patent practitioners, and industrial designers.
This year’s event features:
- A welcome address from Director of USPTO Technology Center 2900, Karen Young;
- An update on international developments from the USPTO’s Office of Policy and International Affairs;
- A speech by Kathy Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO;
- Information on how design patent infringement trials work;
- A presentation on different IP paths by Damian Porcani, Director, Midwest Regional USPTO Office;
- A summary of the most important design patent caselaw decisions over the past year from the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, various U.S. district courts, and the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB); and
- Networking from 5:00 to 6:00 PM.
Design Day is co-sponsored by American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), and the USPTO. Registration opens in April.