USPTO Design Day
This year is the 10th Anniversary of the USPTO Design Day. Design Day is on April 19 and takes place at the PTO. The free seminar is attended by United States Patent and Trademark Office Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country.
- Developments at the USPTO including training of new design patent examiners, and the new ID5 initiative
- Updates on U.S. implementation of the Hague system from WIPO’s perspective
- Best practice tips and pitfalls of design patent prosecution from a panel of experienced practitioners and USPTO examiners
- From industry leaders about how to take a design from concept to patenting to enforcement
- Updates and changes to the MPEP and the effect on design practice
- Important design patent decisions over the past year, as summarized in the popular case law wrap-up
This event is co-sponsored by AIPLA, the IP Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), and the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA); and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).