- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Science
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- Polymer & Materials Science
- Design Patents Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Post Grant Practice
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2013
- Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top-Rated Lawyer, Intellectual Property Law, Fortune, 2013
- Corporate IP Lawyer of the Year in Connecticut, Corporate INTL Legal Awards, 2013
- Corporate IP Lawyer of the Year in Connecticut, ACQ Law Awards, 2013
- Managing IP, IP Stars, Connecticut, USA, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Founding Fellow, Academy of Distinguished Engineers and Hall of Fame, University of Connecticut
- "Super Lawyers," Intellectual Property, Connecticut, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1984
- State of Connecticut, 1983
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1983
University of Connecticut School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1983
University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering/Materials Engineering, with honors, 1980
マイケル・Ａ・キャンター（Michael A. Cantor ）
キャンターは、化学工学・材料工学の技術的な知識と知財弁護士としての２５年以上の経験とに基づき、フォーチュン誌のトップ５０に挙げられるような企業や大学やハイテクベンチャー企業や中小企業が、今日の複雑なグローバル経済の中でその企業・大学などのニーズや目的を達成するための知財戦略を開発し実行することに協力してきました。知財関連のトピックに関して定期的に講演し執筆をするオピニオンリーダーとして著名であり、コネチカット大学法学部にて２０年近くにわたり特許法および特許手続きについて教えてきました。Ｍ・ジョディ・レル（M. Jodi Rell）前州知事によりコネチカット開発局委員会（Connecticut Development Authority board）の委員として指名され、その後、この委員会が２０１２年にコネチカットイノベーションズ（Connecticut Innovations）と合併した後は、ダネル・Ｐ・マロイ（Dannel P. Malloy）州知事により、合併後のコネチカットイノベーションズの役員会の役員に任命されました。
Co-Managing Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1983-present
- Michael A. Cantor, Philmore H. Colburn II, and Curtis Krechevsky Recognized in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2017August 17, 2016
Cantor Colburn, one of the largest intellectual property (IP) law firms in the country, is pleased to announce that its Co-Managing Partners Michael A. Cantor and Philmore H. Colburn II, and partner Curt Krechevsky, who leads the firm’s Trademark & Copyright Department, were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017.
- The Legal 500 United StatesJune 17, 2016
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2016 in Intellectual Property for Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings). This will be the firm’s seventh consecutive year as being recognized for this highly selective honor.
- May 9, 2016
Michael A. Cantor, Co-Managing Partner of Cantor Colburn LLP, and Curtis Krechevsky, Partner and Chair of the Trademark & Copyright Department at the firm, are recognized as world leading practitioners of trademark law by the 2016 edition of The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers.
- April 20, 2016
- June 9, 2015
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2015 in Intellectual Property for patent prosecution: utility and design patents.
Research is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Seven of the firm’s attorneys have been recommended in the Legal 500 United States 2015’s editorial.
- August 1, 2014
Eight Cantor Colburn attorneys were selected as IP Stars in the 2014 World IP Survey
by Managing Intellectual Property.
- June 6, 2014
Michael A. Cantor, Co-Managing Partner of Cantor Colburn LLP, and Curtis Krechevsky, Partner and Chair of the Trademark & Copyright Department at the firm, are recognized as world leading practitioners of trademark law by the 2014 edition of The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers. The two trademark standouts were named to this distinction by their peers. According to the publication, lawyers who receive this honor “have been selected based upon comprehensive, independent survey work and only specialists who have met independent international research criteria are listed.”
- Corporate CounselOctober 2013
Cantor Colburn was nationally ranked for patent litigation by Corporate Counsel magazine in its October 2013 issue. Cantor Colburn’s dedicated team of litigation attorneys have decades of experience in presenting technically complex matters for trial in front of judges and juries. A partner participates in every facet of the case, bringing results that count for the client. And at each phase of the litigation, Cantor Colburn seeks practical strategies to achieve a prompt, efficient resolution of the dispute.
- New Haven IndependentNovember 15, 2013
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- Hartford Business JournalAugust 19, 2013
The Hartford Business Journal talks about the future of Connecticut Innovations with the quasi-public venture capital firm’s new chairman Michael Cantor, Co-Managing Partner of Cantor Colburn LLP.
- The Connecticut Law TribuneJuly 29, 2013
Michael Cantor says his experience running an intellectual property law firm will help him lead Connecticut Innovations, a quasi-public agency that provides funding for high-tech businesses.
- July 2013
Governor Dannel P. Malloy announced that he has appointed Michael Cantor, co-managing partner of Cantor Colburn LLP to serve as chairperson of Connecticut Innovations (CI), the quasi-public agency charged with growing Connecticut's economy by making strategic capital and other investments that encourage the development of high-tech industries within the state, such as energy, biotechnology, information technology, and photonics.
- Connecticut Law TribuneJune 24, 2013
Co-Managing Partner Michael Cantor is interviewed about the firm's steady, consistent growth.
- The Legal 500 USAJune 10, 2013
- May 31, 2013
The 200 employees of Cantor Colburn LLP’s Hartford office gathered on Friday, May 31, 2013, to witness the unveiling of the Cantor Colburn logo on a 12’ X 9’ sign on the side of its office building at 20 Church Street.
- May 6, 2013
- IP Law 360, Portfolio MediaMay 2, 2013
- Hartford Business JournalApril 1, 2013
- Hartford MagazineFebruary 1, 2013
Michael Cantor's collection of patent models and patents is featured in Hartford magazine.
- Connecticut Law TribuneNovember 19, 2012
- Connecticut Law TribuneOctober 8, 2012
- Connecticut Law TribuneSeptember 3, 2012
- West Hartford NewsNovember 29, 2011
- November 10, 2011
- October 17, 2011
- The Connecticut Law TribuneApril 18, 2011
- The Connecticut Law TribuneJanuary 31, 2011
- January 24, 2011
- The Inaugural Cantor Colburn LLP Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Distinguished Speaker SeriesCantor Colburn LLPJanuary 19, 2011
- Cantor Colburn LLPJanuary 19, 2011
- The Hartford Business JournalApril 5, 2010
- INTA BulletinApril 1, 2010
- INTAApril 1, 2010
- Connecticut Law TribuneApril 20, 2009
- Who's On Top?The Connecticut Law TribuneMay 12, 2008
- Q&A with Cantor Colburn’s Michael CantorIP Law 360September 2007
- Cantor Colburn Expands to AlexandriaIntellectual Property TodayJune 12, 2007
- A Small Victory for DowntownThe Hartford CourantApril 11, 2007
- May 20, 2017Barcelona, Spain
The 139th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) takes place in Barcelona, Spain from May 20-24, 2017 and will be attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- March 31, 2017New York, New York
- November 15, 2016Hollywood, Florida
The 2016 INTA Leadership Meeting, November 15-18 in Hollywood, Florida, brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals. It offers them an advanced-level educational program and the opportunity to conduct business and network with colleagues from around the world.
INTA is a global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property in order to protect consumers and to promote fair and effective commerce.
- October 27, 2016Shenzhen, China
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the China Intellectual Property and Innovation Summit in Shenzhen, China, October 27-28, 2016.
- September 22, 2016Milan, Italy
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 21, 2016Orlando, Florida
- November 10, 2015Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the Innovation Summit, presented by the Connecticut Technology Council.
- May 2, 2015San Diego, California
The 137th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) takes place in San Diego, California and will be attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- September 7, 2014Vancouver, Canada
- March 12, 2014UConn Campus, Storrs, Connecticut
- IPO Annual MeetingSeptember 15, 2013Boston, Massachusetts
- May 4, 2013Dallas, Texas
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting 2012May 5, 2012Washington, D.C.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 14, 2011San Francisco, California
American Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association
International Trademark Association
Connecticut Patent Law Association
Connecticut Bar Association
- James W. Cooper Fellows
Connecticut IP Inn of Court, Charter Member, Membership Committee Co-Chair
Tau Beta Pi
Chairperson, Connecticut Innovations
Board Member, Connecticut Historical Society
Board Member, Connecticut Technology Council
Board Member, University of Connecticut School of Engineering Advisory
Board Member, Greater Hartford Arts Council
Corporator, Hebrew HealthCare
Former Board Member, Connecticut Development Authority
Former Board Member, University of Connecticut Institute of Material Sciences Advisory Board
Formere Board Member, University of Connecticut Foundation