- Food Science
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- Pharmaceuticals & Pharmaceutical Formulation
- Polymer & Materials Science
- Additive Manufacturing
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Pharmaceutical IP Services
- Post Grant Practice
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Top 250 Women in IP 2016, 2017, Managing Intelelctual Property
- Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, Member
- Managing IP, IP Stars, Connecticut, USA, 2013-2017
- Connecticut Bar Foundation - James W. Cooper Life Fellow
- Women in the Law - High Achievers, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2009, 2010
- The Connecticut Technology Council Women of Innovation 2008 Finalist
- The Connecticut Bar Association Real Property Award
- The American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers for the paper “The Pre-Eminence of Economic Factors in the Fair Use Defense”
- State of Connecticut, 1995
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1995
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1995
Stanford University, Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, 1988
Baylor University, B.S., Chemistry, with honors, 1983
- Adjunct Patent Law Professor, University of Connecticut School of Law, Advanced Patent Law, 2001- present
Cantor Colburn의 화학/재료/생명과학은 공동의장인 Leah Reimer씨의 리더십 하에 이 회사의 가장 큰 조직으로 성장했으며, 지적 자산을 보호함으로써 고객의 제품과 서비스에 최대의 가치를 부가하는데 헌신하고 있는 약 40명의 변호사와 변리사들이 이 부서 소속입니다. Reimer씨는 포춘 50대 기업과 다른 기술 기반 회사들에 복잡한 법적 그리고 기술적 문제들을 해결하기 위한 정교하고 창의적인 방법들을 제공해 왔습니다. 그녀는 유기 화학 박사 학위를 따면서 얻게된 지식과 경험, Eli Lily 와 DowElanco에서 화학 연구원으로 일했던 경력 그리고 IP 변호사로써의 성공 케이스를 토대로 법적 조언을 제공합니다.
Reimer 씨의 특허 소송 업무는 주로 고분자와 재료 과학, 제약과 제약 공식, 농약과 농약 공식, 나노기술 그리고 금속 공학과 요업 공학 분야에 집중되어 있습니다. 그녀는 Connecticut 법대에서 특허법을 강의하고 있으며, 특허법과 관련된 최신 분야에 관해 자주 강연을 하기도 합니다. Connecticut Law Tribune 지가 뽑은 성공한 법조계 여성 인물에 두 차례 지정된 바 있습니다.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1999-present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1995-1999
Research Chemist, Eli Lilly / DowElanco 1988-1993
- June 1, 2017
Leah M. Reimer, Ph.D. has been named one of the Top 250 Women in IP for 2017 by Managing Intellectual Property. This honor recognizes women IP practitioners in private practice who have performed exceptionally for their clients and firms in the past year.
- May 30, 2017
- The Legal 500 United StatesJune 17, 2016
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2016 in Intellectual Property for Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings). This will be the firm’s seventh consecutive year as being recognized for this highly selective honor.
- June 16, 2016
Cantor Colburn is pleased to announce that Leah Reimer, Ph.D. has been named in Managing Intellectual Property's Top 250 Women in IP for 2016. Managing Intellectual Property’s research process comprises interviews and surveys and only a small subset of this group is selected for the Top 250 recognition.
- June 9, 2015
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2015 in Intellectual Property for patent prosecution: utility and design patents.
Research is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Seven of the firm’s attorneys have been recommended in the Legal 500 United States 2015’s editorial.
- December 2, 2014
Partner Leah Reimer, Ph.D., Esq., will speak at the International Intellectual Property Law Association (IIPLA) Annual Congress 2015, January 5-6, 2015, at Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Dr. Reimer will present the topic "Prior Use Rights – Established Worldwide, but Assert Only with Caution in the U.S."
- August 1, 2014
Eight Cantor Colburn attorneys were selected as IP Stars in the 2014 World IP Survey
by Managing Intellectual Property.
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- Connecticut Law TribuneOctober 8, 2012
- Connecticut Law TribuneApril 16, 2012
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- November 10, 2015Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the Innovation Summit, presented by the Connecticut Technology Council.
- June 4, 2015Hartford, Connecticut
3D Printing: Living Tissue to Human Organ, UConn's first Science Salon event, takes place Thursday, June 4, 2015 at NIXS Hartford at 6 p.m. The discussion will explore this transformational innovation from a variety of perspectives, namely medical, ethical, economic and technical.
- January 5, 2015Dubai, UAE
Leah Reimer, Ph.D., Partner and Co-Chair of the firm's Chemical, Material, and Life Sciences Department, will speak at the International Intellectual Property Law Association (IIPLA) Annual Congress 2015 during January 5-6, 2015 at Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. She will present the topic "Prior Use Rights – Established Worldwide, but Assert Only with Caution in the U.S."
- Speaker, "Implementation of Preissue Submissions by Third Parties"April 2012Joint Patent Practice Legal Education Seminar, New York, NY
- Speaker, "Current Status of In re Bilski - Patentable Subject Matter"April 2010Joint Patent Practice Legal Education Seminar, New York, NY
American Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Association
- Patent Search Committee Member
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- U.S. Patent Law Committee
- Law Review Member
Connecticut Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Foundation, James W. Cooper Fellows
Institute of Material Sciences Board Member, University of Connecticut