- Super Lawyers, 2017-present
- Martindale-Hubbell 2024 Distinguished Attorney
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2007
State Courts of Connecticut, 2007
- JD, Honors Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, University of Connecticut School of Law, 2005
- Certificate in International Intellectual Property Law, Tulane University Law School, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in English and Education, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1997
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Visiting Professor From Practice
-Newer Technologies and the Law: NFTs, Blockchain, and Web 3.0
-The Business of Lawyering
-Supervising Clinical Attorney, Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Law Clinic
Nancy manages domestic and international trademark, copyright, trade dress, domain name and other cyberlaw matters. She concentrates her practice on conducting trademark clearance searches and rendering opinions on availability and registrability; prosecuting applications for registration at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office; recording registrations with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office of Customs and Border Protection; and representing clients in disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also counsels clients on the strategic use, policing, and enforcement of intellectual property to protect the investment in products, services, and ideas from the concept stage to the marketplace.
Nancy is a Visiting Professor from Practice at the University of Connecticut School of Law, teaching Internet Law; Trademark Law; and Newer Technologies and the Law: NFTs, Blockchain, and Web 3.0. She also served as the Supervising Clinical Attorney at UConn Law's Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Law Clinic.
- Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2021-present
- Partner, Alix, Yale & Ristas, LLP, 2005-2020
- September 11, 2023
- IPLS ProceedingsJanuary 19, 2023
Michelle Ciotola, Nancy Kennedy, and David Kincaid's article, "Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and NFTs: Metaverse Technologies in US Trademark Applications," appears in IPLS Proceedings, a publication of the State Bar of Michigan's IP Section.
- April 7, 2022
Cantor Colburn’s Women’s Initiative hosted the Hartford Area AIPLA Women in IP Global Networking Event on April 7, 2022 at Parkville Market in Hartford.
- June 1, 2021
- October 20, 2023University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford
The Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Summit: The Collaborative Blueprint is a live event designed to empower leaders in the legal profession to take action toward making Connecticut a more diverse and inclusive bench and bar, taking place on October 20, 2023 at the University of Connecticut School of Law in Hartford. Presented by the Connecticut Bar Association, the Summit features exceptional guest speakers, including Dr. Robert Livingston of the Harvard Kennedy School and the Hon. Karen L. DeMeola and the Hon. Cecil J. Thomas of Connecticut Superior Court. Cantor Colburn's Nancy Kennedy will attend. Cantor Colburn is a Bronze Sponsor.
- September 10, 2023Boston
The Intellectual Property Owners Association 2023 Annual Meeting takes place September 10-12, 2023 in Boston.
- June 11, 2022Hartford, Connecticut
UConn Law celebrate its past, present, and future at its Centennial Gala on June 11, 2022 in Hartford. The Gala is a culmination of centennial celebration events, at which the important work alumni have done thought the state, country and world will be recognized.
- April 30, 2022Washington, D.C.
INTA’s Annual Meeting Live+ is in-person and virtual. Taking place over April 30–May 4, 2022 in Washington, D.C., the annual conference of the International Trademark Association brings together the most influential brand and intellectual property professionals from across the globe and across industries.
- April 7, 2022Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is pleased to host the AIPLA's Women in IP Law Virtual Global Networking event on April 7, 2022. The event, Power Happy Hour: Finding Balance, Building Community, will feature a short discussion around the important issue for women of feeling empowered and engaging in community.
- October 7, 2021
- July 21, 2021Farmington, Connecticut
Trademark and copyright Counsel Nancy Kennedy will attend the forum, The Business of Cannabis: Cultivating a Ninety-Million Dollar Market in the Nutmeg State, presented by the Hartford Business Journal and New Haven Biz. This forum will focus on the business in this emerging industry that faces unique issues, especially while the consumption of marijuana remains prohibited at the federal level, and explore how Connecticut businesses can capitalize on this emerging industry while navigating the constantly evolving matrix of state compliance regulations.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, U.S. Trademark Law Committee, 2022-23 term
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Representative to the IP Constituency of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Law360 Cannabis Editorial Advisory Board, 2022
- International Trademark Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Court-Appointed Animal Advocate, 2018-present