- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 2007
State Courts of Connecticut, 2007
- JD, Honors Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, University of Connecticut School of Law, 2005
- Certificate in International Intellectual Property Law, Tulane University Law School, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in English and Education, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1997
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Associate Professor, Legal Issues in Cyberspace, Trademark Law, and Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Law Clinic
Nancy manages domestic and international trademark, copyright, trade dress, domain name and other cyberlaw matters. She concentrates her practice on conducting trademark clearance searches and rendering opinions on availability and registrability; prosecuting applications for registration at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the U.S. Copyright Office; recording registrations with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Office of Customs and Border Protection; and representing clients in disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also counsels clients on the strategic use, policing, and enforcement of intellectual property to protect the investment in products, services, and ideas from the concept stage to the marketplace.
At the University of Connecticut School of Law, Nancy teaches Cyberlaw and Trademark Law. She has also been Supervising Attorney at UConn Law's Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Law Clinic.
- Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2021-present
- Partner, Alix, Yale & Ristas, LLP, 2005-2020
- June 1, 2021
Cantor Colburn LLP announces that Nancy Kennedy has joined the firm as Counsel in its Trademark & Copyright Practice, ranked #8 in the U.S. Ms. Kennedy brings more than 15 years’ expertise in intellectual property, concentrating on all aspects of trademark and copyright law, trade dress, and cyberlaw matters.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- International Trademark Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Court-Appointed Animal Advocate, 2018-present