- Design Patents Practice
- Consumer Products Practice
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Product Clearance
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Right to Practice Opinions
- Invalidity Opinions
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patentability Opinions
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Science
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Mechanical Engineering
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- New Leader in the Law, 2014, The Connecticut Law Tribune
- State of Connecticut, 2004
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2004
University of Hartford, coursework toward a B.A. in Physics
Quinnipiac University, J.D., 2004
Wesleyan University, B.A., Neuroscience, 1999
Daniel R. Gibson
Daniel Gibson coordinates and manages global utility and design portfolios for large and medium sized international corporations, and provides extensive opinion work pertaining to non-infringement, invalidity, and guidance. He is also experienced in both domestic and foreign prosecution of patent applications in a variety of mechanical, electrical, and design fields. Additionally, Dan is a named inventor on a patent and on multiple applications directed to beverage container technology. He co-chairs the firm's Design Patent Practice Group, ranked #5 in the U.S. in 2021.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2014-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2013
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2005-2012
Associate, Office of Steven McHugh, 2004-2005
- The Connecticut Law TribuneOctober 1, 2014
The Connecticut Law Tribune selected Cantor Colburn partner Daniel Gibson as a New Leader in the Law. From a pool of 300 “incredibly well-qualified and diverse” applicants, Gibson is among the 60 distinguished attorneys who were selected to receive this award, each of them under the age of 40.
- September 29, 2014
Cantor Colburn congratulates partner Daniel Gibson for being recognized as a New Leader in the Law by the Connecticut Law Tribune. Out of a pool of 300 “incredibly well-qualified and diverse” applicants, Gibson is among the 60 distinguished attorneys who were selected to receive this award, each of them under the age of 40.
- April 25, 2019U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Alexandria Virginia
Members of Cantor Colburn's Design Patents Practice Group will attend USPTO Design Day on April 25, 2019 in Alexandria, VA. Cantor Colburn is the #3 largest filer of design patents in the country and several of our attorneys attend Design Day every year. Partner Jenae Gureff gave the presentation, "Report from the Front Line: PTAB Decisions."
- April 25, 2018Alexandria, VA
Members of Cantor Colburn's Design Patents Practice Group will attend USPTO Design Day on April 25, 2018 in Alexandria, VA. Cantor Colburn is the #3 largest filer of design patents in the country and several of our attorneys attend Design Day every year. Design Practice Co-Chair Dan Drexler will be a panelist at the event.
- April 25, 2017Alexandria, Virginia
USPTO Design Day took place on Tuesday, April 25 at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in Alexandria, Virginia. Cantor Colburn is one of the largest filers of design patents in the country and our attorneys attend Design Day every year.
- April 19, 2016Alexandria, Virginia
This year is the 10th Anniversary of the USPTO Design Day. Design Day is on April 19 and takes place at the PTO. The free seminar is attended by United States Patent and Trademark Office Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country.
- USPTO Design DayApril 14, 2015Alexandria, Virginia
- April 8, 2014Alexandria, Virginia
USPTO offers its annual Design Day.
- USPTO Design DayApril 23, 2013Alexandria, Virginia
Intellectual Property Owners Association, Industrial Design Committee Member