- Consumer Products Practice
- Design Patents Practice
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Invalidity Opinions
- Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patentability Opinions
- Product Clearance
- Right to Practice Opinions
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Environmental Engineering
- Food Science
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Mechanical Engineering
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- New Leader in the Law, 2014, The Connecticut Law Tribune
- State of Connecticut, 2004
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2004
University of Hartford, presently pursuing a B.A. in Physics
Quinnipiac University, J.D., 2004
Wesleyan University, B.A., Neuroscience, 1999
Daniel R. Gibson
Partner and Design Patent Practice Group Co-Chair, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2014-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2013
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2005-2012
Associate, Office of Steven McHugh, 2004-2005
- June 9, 2015
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2015 in Intellectual Property for patent prosecution: utility and design patents.
Research is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Seven of the firm’s attorneys have been recommended in the Legal 500 United States 2015’s editorial.
- The Connecticut Law TribuneOctober 1, 2014
The Connecticut Law Tribune selected Cantor Colburn partner Daniel Gibson as a New Leader in the Law. From a pool of 300 “incredibly well-qualified and diverse” applicants, Gibson is among the 60 distinguished attorneys who were selected to receive this award, each of them under the age of 40.
- September 29, 2014
Cantor Colburn congratulates partner Daniel Gibson for being recognized as a New Leader in the Law by the Connecticut Law Tribune. Out of a pool of 300 “incredibly well-qualified and diverse” applicants, Gibson is among the 60 distinguished attorneys who were selected to receive this award, each of them under the age of 40.
- April 25, 2017Alexandria, Virginia
USPTO Design Day took place on Tuesday, April 25 at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in Alexandria, Virginia. Cantor Colburn is one of the largest filers of design patents in the country and our attorneys attend Design Day every year.
Intellectual Property Owners Association