- Additive Manufacturing Practice Group
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Energy Storage, Batteries, and Materials Practice Group
- Ex Parte Reexaminations
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Inter Partes Review
- Invalidity Opinions
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Patentability Opinions
- Post Grant Practice
- Post-Grant Review
- Product Clearance
- Right to Practice Opinions
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Automotive Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- State of Connecticut, 1994
- State of New York, 1994
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
St John's University School of Law, J.D., 1993
Hartwick College, B.A., Biology, 1987
Keith J. Murphy
Keith Murphy co-chairs the firm’s Electrical-Mechanical Department with almost 30 years’ experience in patent preparation and prosecution, opinions, and counseling. His practice is focused on mechanical engineering; hydrocarbon exploration and production; energy generation and distribution; automotive components; aerospace; optics; robotics; medical devices; communication equipment; and roofing structures among others. Keith regularly engages in on site and remote meetings with clients’ engineering, business, and legal personnel for technology mining and for forming patent protection strategies. He is also responsible for management of final work products from associates and agents.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1999-present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1993-1998
Scully, Scott, Murphy and Presser, 1987-1993
- June 21, 2019
Cantor Colburn is proud to be a silver sponsor for the ninth annual Sikorsky Homerun for Heroes. The event honors Connecticut military veterans and their families and funds raised benefit military veterans’ organizations in Connecticut.
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- The Legal 500 USAJune 10, 2013
- The Connecticut Law Tribune, Vol. 37, No. 12March 21, 2011
- September 24, 2019Washington, D.C.
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 47th Annual Meeting takes place September 24-26, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
- October 11, 2018Hartford, Connecticut
Stanley + Techstars Additive Manufacturing Accelerator Demo Day is October 11, 2018 at the Bushnell Theatre in Hartford. It is the culmination of a 12-week program in which ten companies from around the globe relocated to the new Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence – Manufactory 4.0 – in Hartford, CT. Cantor Colburn was one of the first law firms in the country to have an Additive Manufacturing Practice Group, led by Dave Christensen.
- September 27, 2018Galveston, Texas
Houston Intellectual Property Law Association and the University of Houston Law Center Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law present the Fall Institute of Intellectual Property Law 2018 on September 27, 2018.
- September 23, 2018Chicago, Illinois
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 46th Annual Meeting takes place September 23-25, 2018, in Chicago, Illinois.
- August 4, 2018Torrington, Connecticut
The Summer Fête: Movers, Shakers and WonderMakers is the largest fundraiser of the year for KidsPlay Museum, in Torrington, Connecticut.
- March 31, 2017New York, New York
- September 22, 2016New York, New York
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 44th Annual Meeting takes place September 22-24, 2016, in New York City.
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- March 27, 2015New York, New York
At the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 93rd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary, former United States Secretary of State Keynote Speaker Madeleine K. Albright will be the keynote speaker and Honorable James D. Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office, will receive the Outstanding Public Service Award.
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
- International Legal Alliance Summit AwardsJune 20, 2013New York, New York
Intellectual Property Owners Association