- Additive Manufacturing Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Energy Storage, Batteries, and Materials Practice
- Ex Parte Reexaminations
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Inter Partes Review
- Invalidity Opinions
- Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Patentability Opinions
- Post Grant Practice
- Post-Grant Review
- Product Clearance
- Right to Practice Opinions
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Automotive Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- State of Connecticut, 1994
- State of New York, 1994
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1989
St John's University School of Law, J.D., 1993
Hartwick College, B.A., Biology, 1987
Keith J. Murphy
Keith Murphy chairs the firm’s #3 ranked Mechanical Engineering Patent Practice and has 35 years’ experience in patent preparation and prosecution, opinions, and counseling. His practice is focused on mechanical engineering; hydrocarbon exploration and production; energy generation and distribution; automotive components; aerospace; optics; robotics; medical devices; communication equipment; roofing structures; and construction infrastructure, among others. Keith regularly engages in on site and remote meetings with clients’ engineering, business, and legal personnel for technology mining and for forming patent protection strategies. He is also responsible for management of final work products from associates and agents.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1999-present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1993-1998
Scully, Scott, Murphy and Presser, 1987-1993
- June 21, 2019
Cantor Colburn is proud to be a silver sponsor for the ninth annual Sikorsky Homerun for Heroes. The event honors Connecticut military veterans and their families and funds raised benefit military veterans’ organizations in Connecticut.
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- The Legal 500 USAJune 10, 2013
- The Connecticut Law Tribune, Vol. 37, No. 12March 21, 2011
- April 26, 2021
During the Connecticut Invention Convention, more than 500 engineers, academics, scientists, entrepreneurs, and legal professionals will judge students' inventions and inspire young minds to pursue science and engineering studies and careers.
- September 24, 2019Washington, D.C.
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 47th Annual Meeting takes place September 24-26, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
- September 27, 2018Galveston, Texas
Houston Intellectual Property Law Association and the University of Houston Law Center Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law present the Fall Institute of Intellectual Property Law 2018 on September 27, 2018.
- September 23, 2018Chicago, Illinois
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 46th Annual Meeting takes place September 23-25, 2018, in Chicago, Illinois.
- March 31, 2017New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 95th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on March 31, 2017.
- September 22, 2016New York, New York
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 44th Annual Meeting takes place September 22-24, 2016, in New York City.
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- March 27, 2015New York, New York
At the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 93rd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary, former United States Secretary of State Keynote Speaker Madeleine K. Albright will be the keynote speaker and Honorable James D. Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office, will receive the Outstanding Public Service Award.
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
- International Legal Alliance Summit AwardsJune 20, 2013New York, New York
Intellectual Property Owners Association