- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1995
- University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Ph.D., Molecular Biology
- University of Houston, M.S. Virology
- Houston Baptist University, B.S. Biology and B.A. English Literature
- American Association for Cancer Research-April 2017
Invited speaker for panel on: Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property: Financial and Career Opportunities for Researchers
- Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences @ NIH - 2015- 2021
Tech 566 Class: Building a Biotechnology Company: Learn First-Hand from Industry Experts
Guest panelist for session on: “Intellectual Property: Making Life Science Research and Technology Valuable for Commercialization”. Presented an introduction to intellectual property acquisition to scientists and fielded questions regarding the legal and regulatory requirements for patent protection.
- Georgetown University MS in Biotechnology program, Entrepreneurial Biotechnology, 2020-2021
Guest Panelist for session on Intellectual Property. Prepared and delivered educational program designed to introduce scientists and nonscientist to intellectual property protection analysis, evaluation and legal and regulatory requirements for patent protection.
Sana A. Pratt, Ph.D., has been helping clients acquire worldwide patents in her own practice for more than 25 years. She has worked with both academic and industrial clients ranging from small start-ups to large companies, as well as government institutions. Dr. Pratt’s practice includes all aspects of patent prosecution and strategic portfolio counseling in technologies including engineering of microorganisms, drug delivery, potential treatments for diseases, and vaccines.
Dr. Pratt received a Ph.D. in biochemistry and molecular biology from the University of Texas at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Her dissertation research involved studying the expression and function of beta 1,4-galactosyltransferase during spermatogenesis. Beta 1,4-galactosyltransferase is an enzyme on the surface of sperm that aids the binding of the sperm to the ovum during fertilization. She earned her M.S. in biology with a concentration in virology from the University of Houston.
- Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2021-present
- President, Pratt & Associates, LLC, 2020-2021
- Patent Agent, Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox, 2018-2020
- Director, Intellectual Property, The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, 2016-2018
- Owner, Pratt & Associates, 1995-2016
- Technical Advisor, Cushman Darby & Cushman, 1992-1995
- September 13, 2021
Intellectual Property Owners Association