- Pharmaceuticals & Pharmaceutical Formulation
- Polymer & Materials Science
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2022
- University of Washington – Seattle, Ph.D., Chemistry, 2009
- Montana State University – Bozeman, B.S., Chemistry, 2004
- Teaching Assistant: Organic Chemistry, 2004-2009
French (basic proficiency)
Helena Lovick is a patent agent providing patent drafting and prosecution services. Helena has a Ph.D. in chemistry and the focus of her doctoral work was organocatalysis and new reaction development. Her post-doctoral research was directed to stereoselective, organometallic catalysis. Before joining Cantor Colburn, Helena worked as a research scientist in the medical device and tissue banking field. As a research scientist, Helena developed a range of technology and is a named inventor on multiple patents.
- Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2023-present
- Senior Scientist, Xtant Medical, 2011-2023
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Montana State University, 2010-2011
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Washington, 2004-2009
- Patents and Pending Patent Applications
- Schallenberger MA, Lovick HM, Meyer TR. Expandable Bone Grafts and Methods of Manufacture Thereof. U.S. Patent No. 10,821,004. Issued Nov. 3, 2020. Continuation U.S. Patent Application No. 17/088,245. Notice of Allowance Dec. 13, 2022.
- Lovick HM, Juda G, Meyer TR. Bone Graft Substitute Containing a Temporary Contrast Agent and a Method of Generating such and a Method of Use Thereof. U.S. Patent No. 10,806,826. Issued Oct. 20, 2020
- Cox D, Denty D, Lovick HM. Crosslinkable 3D Printed Biomaterial-Based Implants and Methods of Manufacture Thereof. U.S. Patent No. 10,279,078. Issued May 7, 2019.
- Meyer TM, Lovick HM, Mansfield M, Cox D, Juda G. Shaped Fiber-Based Products and Method of Manufacture Thereof. U.S. Patent No. 10,173,375. Issued Jan. 8, 2019. Divisional U.S. Patent No. 11,446,882. Issued Sep. 20, 2022.
- Lovick HM and Wolfe RA. Shapeable Demineralized Bone Matrix Products and Method of Manufacture Thereof. U.S. Patent Application No. 17/138,284. Filed Dec. 30, 2020.
- Lovick HM. Growth Factor Concentrate and Method of Manufacture Thereof. U.S. Patent Application No. 17/138,261. Filed December 30, 2020.
- Cox D, Denty D, Lovick HM. Methods of Manufacturing Crosslinkable 3D printed Biomaterial-based Implants. U.S. Patent No. 11,602,580. Issued Mar. 14, 2023.
- Lovick HM. Hydration Media for Biological Tissue Products, Methods of Making the Same and Methods of Using. U.S. Patent No. 11,570,981. Issued Feb. 7, 2023.
Schallenberger M, Lovick HM, Locke J, Meyer T, Juda G. The Effect of Temperature Exposure during Shipment on a Commercially Available Demineralized Bone Matrix Putty. Cell Tissue Bank. 2016, 17, 677-687.
Huynh K, Livinghouse T, Lovick HM. N,N’-Dibenzosuberyl-1,1-binaphthyl-2,2’-diame. A Highly Effective Supporting Ligand for the Enantioselective Cyclization of Aminoalkenes Catalyzed by Chelating Diamide Complexes of La(III). Synlett 2014, 25, 1721-1724.
Schallenberger MA, Rossmeier K, Lovick HM, Meyer TR, Aberman HM, Juda GA. Comparison of the Osteogenic Potential of OsteoSelect Demineralized Bone Matrix Putty to NovaBone Calcium-Phosphosilicate Synthetic Putty in a Cranial Defect Model. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2014, 25, 657-661.
Bjelic S, Nivón LG, Celebi-Ölçüm N, Kiss G, Rosewall CF, Lovick HM, Ingalls EL, Gallaher JL, Seetharaman J, Lew S, Montelione GT, Hunt JF, Michael FE, Houk KN, Baker D. Computational Design of Enone-Binding Proteins with Catalytic Activity for the Morita-Baylis-Hillman Reaction. ACS Chem Biol. 2013. 8, 749-757.
Smith AR, Lovick HM, Livinghouse T. Donor Ligand Effects in Group 3 Metal-Catalyzed Hydroaminations. Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 6358-6360.
Jiang T, Livinghouse T, Lovick HM. On the Stereoselective Bicyclization of Aminodienes Catalyzed by Chelating Diamide Complexes of the Group 3 Metals. A Direct Comparison of Sc(III) and Y(III) Bis(amide)s with an Application to the Synthesis of Alkaloid 195F. Chem Commun. 2011, 47, 12861-12863.
Lovick HM, An DK, Livinghouse T. Structure-Activity Relationships in Group 3 Metal Catalysts for Asymmetric Intramolecular Alkene Hydroamination. An Investigation of Ligands Based on the Axially Chiral 1,1’-Binaphthyl-2,2’-diamine. Dalton Trans. 2011, 40, 7697-7700.
Siegal JB, Zanghellini A, Lovick HM, Kiss G, Lambert AR, St. Clair JL, Gallaher JL, Hilvert D, Gelb MH, Stoddard B, Houk KN, Michael FE, Baker D. Computational Design of an Enzyme Catalyst for a Stereoselective Bimolecular Diels-Alder Reaction. Science 2010, 329, 309-313.
Lovick HM, Michael FE. Metal-Free Highly Regioselective Aminotrifluoroacetoxylation of Alkenes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 1249-1251.
Lovick HM, Michael FE. Reversal of Enantioselectivity Using Tethered Bisguanidine Catalysts in the Aza-Henry Reaction. Tetrahedron Lett. 2009, 50, 1016-1019.
Cantor Colburn is proud to announce the addition of six intellectual property professionals Samantha Burch; Tam Dinh, Ph.D.; Helena Lovick, Ph.D.; Steven McHugh; Alex Starkovich; and Peter Thompson. The new additions to the firm are experienced intellectual property attorneys and a patent agent with degrees in electrical engineering, computer systems engineering, and organic chemistry.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- American Chemical Society
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), 2018 – 2022