- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Product Clearance
- Computer Science Practice
- Electrical Engineering Practice
- Artificial Intelligence Practice
- Automotive Practice
- Mechanical Engineering Practice
- Patentability Opinions
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Invalidity Opinions
- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Eta Kappa Nu, Electrical Engineering Honor Society
- Tau Beta Pi, Engineering Honor Society
- Kappa Mu Epsilon, Mathematics Honor Society
- District of Columbia, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2011
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2007
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2007
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2007
Virginia Tech, M.S., Electrical Engineering, 1993
Tennessee Tech University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1990
Usha Parker’s practice focuses on patent drafting and prosecution. Her experience spans a wide range of technologies including automotive radar and lidar, vehicle automation, artificial intelligence, including advances in neural network architecture and image processing, communication systems and infrastructure, and semiconductor devices and processing systems. Prior to attending law school, Usha worked as an electrical engineer at Motorola and at a Navy lab in areas including satellite and cellular telephony, radar systems, and missile fuses.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2022-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2020-2021
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2011-2019
Associate, Baker Hostetler, 2010-2011
Associate, Oblon Spivak, 2007-2010
Senior Staff Engineer, Motorola, Chandler, AZ, 1995-2004
Electronics Engineer, Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren, VA, 1990-1995
Chapter 4: Patents in Electronic Commerce in Internet Law for the Business Lawyer, Juliet M. Moringiello, ed. (2nd ed. 2012) (Nguyen and Parker)
Treatment Of The Recapture Doctrine At The BPAI Post North American Container Oblon Spivak Patents Post-Grant Blog April 2, 2010 (Baker and Parker)
It’s OK To Pay Fact Witnesses for Their Time Intellectual Property Today October 2006 (Gholz and Parker)
- December 7, 2021
- January 1, 2020
- June 15, 2022virtual
Cantor Colburn is pleased to sponsor the AIPLA 2022 Electronic and Computer Patent Law Virtual Summit on June 15-16, 2022.
- March 25, 2022New York City
The 100th Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary will be held on March 25, 2022 in New York City.
- October 28, 2021National Harbor, Washington, D.C. and virtual
The American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) will hold its annual meeting on October 28, 2021, at National Harbor in the Washington, D.C. area. Jenae Gureff and Usha Parker will attend the meeting.
- October 27, 2021Virtual
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) hosted the 28th Annual Partnering in Patents event as a pre-conference event to the annual meeting. Usha Parker was a panelist for Legal Updates on Anticipation and Obviousness.
- April 26, 2021
During the Connecticut Invention Convention, more than 500 engineers, academics, scientists, entrepreneurs, and legal professionals will judge students' inventions and inspire young minds to pursue science and engineering studies and careers.
- April 1, 2016New York, New York
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 94th Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary on April 1, 2016. The firm is a longtime sponsor of the "Judges' Dinner" event.
- March 27, 2015New York, New York
At the New York Intellectual Property Law Association's 93rd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal Judiciary, former United States Secretary of State Keynote Speaker Madeleine K. Albright will be the keynote speaker and Honorable James D. Smith, Chief Administrative Patent Judge, United States Patent and Trademark Office, will receive the Outstanding Public Service Award.
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Vice Chair, Electronic and Computer Law Committee (ECLC)
- Chair ECLC Prep & Pros Subcommittee, 2020-2021
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)