- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- Pharmaceuticals & Pharmaceutical Formulation
- Polymer & Materials Science
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Biotechnology Law, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Patent Drafting and Prosecution, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research, Writing, and Advocacy II, 2013
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research, Writing, and Advocacy I, 2012
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010-2011, 2009-2010
- Oral presentation award, “N-formylkynurenine in photosystem II and its function in photoprotection,” Midwest/ Southeast Photosynthesis Conference, 2010
- School of Chemistry and Biochemistry nomination, Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O.) scholarship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
- Integrative BioSystems Institute (IBSI) Collaborative Graduate Student Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009-2010, 2008-2009
- Oral presentation award, Best second year seminar in chemistry and biochemistry, “Antibody- mediated therapy for prion diseases,” Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
- Cherry Emerson Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006-2007
- Hope Scholarship, The University of Georgia, 2001-2004
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2013
- State of Georgia, 2016
Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012-2015
The Georgia Institute of Technology, Ph.D., Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2012
The University of Georgia, B.S., Biology, summa cum laude, 2004
- Guest Lecturer, Georgia Institute of Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Introduction to Research and Ethics, Fall 2019
- Teaching Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology: Organic Synthesis Laboratory, 2012
- Survey of Biochemistry, 2012
- Survey of Organic Chemistry, 2012
- Biochemistry I, 2012
- Survey of Biochemistry, 2010
- Biophysical Chemistry, 2008
- Organic Chemistry I, 2006
Tina Dorr represents clients working in chemical, life science, semiconductor, and material research. Tina drafts and prosecutes U.S. patent applications, as well as manages and directs prosecution of foreign patent portfolios. Tina performs searches, provides invalidity, infringement/non-infringement, patentability, and freedom to operate opinions, and counsels clients to develop effective patent protection worldwide. Tina also provides technical support and opinions to Cantor Colburn’s Litigation Department in Abbreviated New Drug Application litigation. Prior to joining Cantor Colburn, Tina completed her doctoral thesis on enzyme catalysis, membrane protein structure, and redox chemistry. During her tenure at Georgia Institute of Technology, she mentored graduate and undergraduate researchers in biochemical and biophysical method development, with applications in the study of enzyme function. Tina also worked as Teaching Assistant, where she lead and lectured courses in Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2019-present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2016-2018
Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2013-2016
Technical Advisor, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2012-2013
Research Assistant, The Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006-2012
Undergraduate Research Assistant, The University of Georgia, 2003-2004
- Screening for two-dimensional crystals by transmission electron microscopy of negatively stained samples. Dreaden, T., Metcalfe, M., Kim, L.Y., Johnson, M.C., Barry, B.A. and Schmidt-Krey, I. (2012) Methods Mol. Biol. 955, 73-101.
- Two-dimensional crystallization of membrane proteins by detergent removal through dialysis. Johnson, M.C., Dreaden, T.,Kim, L.Y., Rudolph, F., Barry, B.A., and Schmidt-Krey, I. (2012) Methods Mol. Biol. 955, 31-58.
- Structure function insights on membrane and soluble proteins revealed by electron crystallography. Dreaden, T.,Devarajan, B., Barry, B.A., and Schmidt-Krey, I. (2012) Methods Mol. Biol. 955, 519-526.
- Photosynthetic oxygen evolution: Signaling role for N-formylkynurenine in high light-induced repair. Dreaden, T. and Barry, B. A. (2012) Photosynthesis Research 114, 97-110.
- Oxidative stress, N-formylkynurenine, and oxygenic photosynthesis. Dreaden, T., Rexroth, S., and Barry, B. A. (2012) Plos ONE 7 (7), e42220.
- N-formylkynurenine as a marker of high light stress in photosynthesis. Dreaden, T., Chen, J., Rexroth, S., and Barry, B. A. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286, 22632-22641.
- Assessing two-dimensional crystallization trials of small membrane proteins for structural biology studies by electron crystallography. Zhao, G.*, Rudolph, F.*, Dreaden, T.,*, Johnson, M. C.*, Barry, B. A., and Schmidt-Krey, I. *Equal contribution (2010) J. Vis. Exp. 44, J. Vis. Exp. 44.
- Two-dimensional crystallization of membrane protein complexes for structure-function studies by electron crystallography. Dreaden, T., Johnson, M. C., Barquera, B., Barry, B. A. Schmidt-Krey, I. (2010) In Microscopy: Science, Technology, Applications and Education. eds. Méndez-Vilas, A. and Díaz, J.. 337-346.
- Pectin induces apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells: Correlation of apoptotic function with pectin structure. Jackson, C. L., Dreaden, T., Theobald, L. K., Tran, N. M., Beal, T. L., Eid, M., Gao, M. Y., Shirley, R. B., Stoffel, M. T., Kumar, M. V., and Mohnen, D. (2007) Glycobiol.17, 805-819.
- December 19, 2018
Cantor Colburn LLP, the fourth largest patent law firm in the U.S., welcomes the new year with the elevation of James Wimpe to its partnership. Also effective January 1, 2019, Associates Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Patrick Griffin, Alicia Hayter, Jared Howenstine, David Kincaid, Matteo Pedini, and Wanli Wu will be promoted to Counsel. Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D., will be promoted to Senior Patent Agent.
- August 1, 2018
Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq. participated in the Georgia Tech Women’s Alumni Network (GT WAN) fall community service event. The group collected and organized items for Georgia Tech’s Klemis Kitchen, Georgia Tech’s campus food pantry that provides free meals to college students in need, and Campus Closet, Georgia Tech’s campus clothing service that provides free business attire to students for job interviews or formal business events.
- IP FrontlineOctober 3, 2012
- Atlanta Business ChronicleOctober 2, 2012
- Hartford Business JournalOctober 2, 2012
- October 29, 2019Atlanta, Georgia
- September 24, 2019Washington, D.C.
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 47th Annual Meeting takes place September 24-26, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
- July 27, 2019Atlanta, Georgia
Tina Dorr will attend the Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association Women's Leadership Workshop in Atlanta on July 27, 2019.
- July 25, 2019Boston
- June 3, 2019San Jose, California
Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq. will speak at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO) public hearing on the Study of Underrepresented Classes Chasing Engineering and Science Act of 2018 or “SUCCESS Act” on June 3, 2019 at the USPTO's Silicon Valley regional office in San Jose, California. This public hearing is an opportunity to contribute oral comments concerning the participation of women, minorities, and veterans in entrepreneurship activities and the patent system. She is representing the Intellectual Property Owners Association's Women in IP Committee, of which she is Secretary.
- May 30, 2019Atlanta
- April 17, 2019Atlanta
Tina Dorr, Ph.D. will be honored at the 2019 GAPABA (Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association) New Partners and Counsel Luncheon on April 17, 2019 in Atlanta.
- March 26, 2019Atlanta, Georgia
- March 6, 2019Austin, Texas
- February 22, 2019Atlanta
Cantor Colburn is pleased to sponsor the Georgia Bar's 7th Annual IP Gala, presented by its IP Section, taking place on Friday, February 22 at the Georgia Aquarium.
- December 6, 2018Atlanta, Georgia
The IP Section of the State Bar of Georgia will meet for its annual IP Holiday Party on December 6, 2018 at the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta. The IP Section will be collecting donations to the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
- October 22, 2018Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn, a Premier Sponsor of the Georgia State University College of Law Intellectual Property Program, is pleased to support The Annual Corporate IP Institute®, presented by the university's College of Law and the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, and the Atlanta Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section. This collaboration is for the educational benefit of corporations interested in maximizing the value of their intellectual property assets. The annual two-day annual event is held at the Georgia State University Student Center, October 22-23, 2018.
- November 5, 2015Atlanta, Georgia
- April 16, 2014Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn patent agent Tina Dorr, Ph.D., presented “From the Bench to the Bar: Patent Law Careers for Scientists” to biology and computer science Ph.D. students at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia on April 16, 2014. Dr. Dorr's Ph.D. in chemistry and biochemistry is from Georgia Tech, where she was formerly a research assistant.
- “N-formylkynurenine, photoinhibition, and D1 polypeptide turnover in photosystem II,” Midwest/ Southeast Photosynthesis Conference, Marshall, Indiana, 2011
- “N-formylkynurenine in photosystem II: A proposed function in photoprotection,” Molecular Biophysics Research Review, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011
- “N-formylkynurenine in photosystem II and its function in photoprotection,” Midwest/ Southeast Photosynthesis Conference, Marshall, Indiana, 2010
- “Preliminary 2D crystallization studies of spinach PSII,” Electron Crystallography Workshop, Basel, Switzerland, 2010
- “2-Dimensional crystallization of photosystem II in spinach,” NanoBiology of Macromolecular Assembly Disorders Symposium, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
- “Structural studies of photosystem II: Electron crystallography and characterization of a novel chromophore,” National Science Foundation sponsored C.I.B.E.R. Exchange Program, Covilha, Portugal, 2009
- “Antibody- mediated therapy for prion diseases,” School of Chemistry and Biochemistry Second Year Seminar, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- U.S. Patent Office Practice Committee
- Secretary, Women in IP Law Committee
The American Chemical Society
ChIPs, Atlanta Chapter, Outreach Committee Chair
Georgia Tech Women Alumnae Network
Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Georgia Intellectual Property Association, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Women's Leadership Network Committee
- Women in IP Committee