- Chemical and Material Sciences Practice
- Design Patents Practice
- Foreign & PCT Patent Filing
- Invalidity Opinions
- Life Sciences Practice
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patent Litigation
- Patentability Opinions
- Pharmaceutical Patent Services
- Pharmaceutical Practice
- Product Clearance
- Utility, Design, and Plant Patent Filing with the USPTO
- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- Pharmaceuticals & Pharmaceutical Formulation
- Polymer & Materials Science
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, U.S. News, 2021-2022
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Biotechnology Law, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Patent Drafting and Prosecution, 2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research, Writing, and Advocacy II, 2013
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research, Writing, and Advocacy I, 2012
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN) Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010-2011, 2009-2010
- Oral presentation award, “N-formylkynurenine in photosystem II and its function in photoprotection,” Midwest/ Southeast Photosynthesis Conference, 2010
- School of Chemistry and Biochemistry nomination, Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O.) scholarship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
- Integrative BioSystems Institute (IBSI) Collaborative Graduate Student Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009-2010, 2008-2009
- Oral presentation award, Best second year seminar in chemistry and biochemistry, “Antibody- mediated therapy for prion diseases,” Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
- Cherry Emerson Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006-2007
- Hope Scholarship, The University of Georgia, 2001-2004
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2013
- State of Georgia, 2016
Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012-2015
The Georgia Institute of Technology, Ph.D., Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2012
The University of Georgia, B.S., Biology, summa cum laude, 2004
- Guest Lecturer, Georgia Institute of Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Introduction to Research and Ethics, Fall 2019
- Teaching Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology: Organic Synthesis Laboratory, 2012
- Survey of Biochemistry, 2012
- Survey of Organic Chemistry, 2012
- Biochemistry I, 2012
- Survey of Biochemistry, 2010
- Biophysical Chemistry, 2008
- Organic Chemistry I, 2006
Tina Dorr represents clients in a large range of technology areas, including chemical, material, life science, mechanical, and semiconductor technologies, as well as fiber and fiber composite technologies for consumer product applications, geotextile applications, and aerospace applications. Tina drafts and prosecutes U.S. utility, design, and plant patent applications, as well as manages and directs prosecution of foreign patent portfolios. She provides opinions, performs searches, counsels clients to develop effective worldwide patent protection, and provides technical support and opinions to Cantor Colburn’s Litigation Department in Abbreviated New Drug Application litigation. Prior to joining Cantor Colburn, Tina completed her doctoral thesis on enzyme catalysis, membrane protein structure, and redox chemistry. She is also an active leader in the local and national IP community, currently serving as Co-Vice-Chair of the Next Generation Leaders Committee of the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), Chair of the Outreach committee of the Atlanta chapter of Chiefs in Intellectual Property (ChIPs), and Co-Chair of the Women's Leadership Network of the Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association (GAPABA). She is also a regular guest lecturer in IP law at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2021-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2019-2020
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2016-2018
Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2013-2016
Technical Advisor, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2012-2013
Research Assistant, The Georgia Institute of Technology, 2006-2012
Undergraduate Research Assistant, The University of Georgia, 2003-2004
- Screening for two-dimensional crystals by transmission electron microscopy of negatively stained samples. Dreaden, T., Metcalfe, M., Kim, L.Y., Johnson, M.C., Barry, B.A. and Schmidt-Krey, I. (2012) Methods Mol. Biol. 955, 73-101.
- Two-dimensional crystallization of membrane proteins by detergent removal through dialysis. Johnson, M.C., Dreaden, T.,Kim, L.Y., Rudolph, F., Barry, B.A., and Schmidt-Krey, I. (2012) Methods Mol. Biol. 955, 31-58.
- Structure function insights on membrane and soluble proteins revealed by electron crystallography. Dreaden, T.,Devarajan, B., Barry, B.A., and Schmidt-Krey, I. (2012) Methods Mol. Biol. 955, 519-526.
- Photosynthetic oxygen evolution: Signaling role for N-formylkynurenine in high light-induced repair. Dreaden, T. and Barry, B. A. (2012) Photosynthesis Research 114, 97-110.
- Oxidative stress, N-formylkynurenine, and oxygenic photosynthesis. Dreaden, T., Rexroth, S., and Barry, B. A. (2012) Plos ONE 7 (7), e42220.
- N-formylkynurenine as a marker of high light stress in photosynthesis. Dreaden, T., Chen, J., Rexroth, S., and Barry, B. A. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286, 22632-22641.
- Assessing two-dimensional crystallization trials of small membrane proteins for structural biology studies by electron crystallography. Zhao, G.*, Rudolph, F.*, Dreaden, T.,*, Johnson, M. C.*, Barry, B. A., and Schmidt-Krey, I. *Equal contribution (2010) J. Vis. Exp. 44, J. Vis. Exp. 44.
- Two-dimensional crystallization of membrane protein complexes for structure-function studies by electron crystallography. Dreaden, T., Johnson, M. C., Barquera, B., Barry, B. A. Schmidt-Krey, I. (2010) In Microscopy: Science, Technology, Applications and Education. eds. Méndez-Vilas, A. and Díaz, J.. 337-346.
- Pectin induces apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells: Correlation of apoptotic function with pectin structure. Jackson, C. L., Dreaden, T., Theobald, L. K., Tran, N. M., Beal, T. L., Eid, M., Gao, M. Y., Shirley, R. B., Stoffel, M. T., Kumar, M. V., and Mohnen, D. (2007) Glycobiol.17, 805-819.
- US News and Best LawyersAugust 19, 2021
Cantor Colburn is proud to announce that seven of our attorneys have been recognized as 2022 Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers are Michael Cantor, Phil Colburn, Curt Krechevsky, David Rodrigues, Ph.D. and Mike Rye and Best Lawyers One to Watch are Ali Caless and Tina Dorr, Ph.D.
- May 21, 2021
- April 26, 2021
Volunteers from The Georgia IP Alliance® (GIPA ) and the Atlanta Chapter of the Chiefs in IP (ChIPs) have come together this week to teach intellectual property to Kindergartners at the Midtown International School (MIS) in celebration of World IP Day on April 26, 2021. ChIPs Atlanta Chapter Board member Tina Dorr helped to organize the event.
- IP Law360April 5, 2021
Partner Tina Dorr has been named to Law360’s 2021 Intellectual Property Editorial Advisory Board. The editorial advisory board provides feedback on Law360's coverage and expert insight on how best to shape future coverage.
- February 25, 2021
Join a conversation about how in science can become involved in the patenting process and the challenges and importance of moving the needle on achieving gender parity in innovation. On February 25, at 12 PM ET, the Association for Women in Science (AWIS) presents an online webinar moderated by Cantor Colburn partner and patent attorney Dr. Tina Dorr, Ph.D., and featuring Dr. Susan Hausdorff, Vice President and Chief IP Counsel at Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Emily Kinser, 2015 IBM Master Inventor and current Laboratory Manager of the Inorganics, Ceramics, & Applied Physics Cluster in the 3M Corporate Research Laboratory. Register here.
- December 21, 2020
- December 19, 2018
Cantor Colburn LLP, the fourth largest patent law firm in the U.S., welcomes the new year with the elevation of James Wimpe to its partnership. Also effective January 1, 2019, Associates Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Alicia Hayter, Jared Howenstine, David Kincaid, Matteo Pedini, and Wanli Wu will be promoted to Counsel. Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D., will be promoted to Senior Patent Agent.
- August 1, 2018
Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq. participated in the Georgia Tech Women’s Alumni Network (GT WAN) fall community service event. The group collected and organized items for Georgia Tech’s Klemis Kitchen, Georgia Tech’s campus food pantry that provides free meals to college students in need, and Campus Closet, Georgia Tech’s campus clothing service that provides free business attire to students for job interviews or formal business events.
- October 6, 2022Louisville, Kentucky
Patent attorney Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq. and trademark and copyright attorney Michelle Ciotola, partners at Cantor Colburn, will attend Made in America 2021, taking place on October 1-3, 2021 in Louisville, Kentucky. Their article, The Seven Deadly Sins of IP, covers the basics of IP for business owners and start ups.
- September 30, 2021The Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta
Cantor Colburn is proud to be a Silver Sponsor of the 7th Annual GAPABA (Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association) Gala on September 30, 2021 at the Georgia Aquarium.
- August 25, 2021virtual webinar
GAPABA Women's Leadership Network (WLN) presents, "PUT YOUR OXYGEN MASK ON FIRST! The Importance of Mental & Physical Wellness," a virtual webinar discussion and presentation on Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021. Cantor Colburn partner Tina Dorr, Ph.D., co-chair of the WLN, co-hosts the event with experts in exercise, nutrition, and mental health.
- August 4, 2021virtual
The Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) Diverse Inventors subcommittee of the Women in IP Committee is proud to launch a new and updated Law Firm Toolkit that assists legal professionals in law firms to team with their corporate and university clients to increase the diversity in in the innovation ecosphere of the their clients. Cantor Colburn's Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq., partner, and Liam Evans, patent agent, members of the IPO Diversity & Inclusion Committee, will be part of an IPO webinar on August 4, 2021 that will walk through the updated toolkit.
- July 22, 2021virtual
Partner Tina Dorr, Ph.D. will speak at ACI’s 19th Global Summit on Life Sciences Patents on July 21-22, 2021. Tina will speak on Navigating the Current Obviousness Landscape: Integrating the Latest Developments in Obviousness-Type Double Patenting and Inherency into Your Patent Prosecution Approach, with Laura Wine, Assistant General Counsel, IP, at Arena Pharmaceuticals and Kathleen Kahler Fonda, Senior Legal Advisor, Office of Patent and Legal Administration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- April 20, 2021
The 4th Annual IPO Spring Summit is April 20-21, 2021. The conference is designed for mid to senior level IP attorneys with topics directly relevant to in-house counsel and provides outside counsel information that will enhance relationship building and productivity with their corporate clients. This year's Summit features North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis and Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization Daren Tang.
- February 25, 2021
The Association for Women in Science (AWIS) presents a conversation with Dr. Tina Dorr, Partner and patent attorney at Cantor Colburn, Dr. Susan Hausdorff, Vice President and Chief IP Counsel at Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Emily Kinser, 2015 IBM Master Inventor and current Laboratory Manager of the Inorganics, Ceramics, & Applied Physics Cluster in the 3M Corporate Research Laboratory, about the patenting process and the challenges and importance of moving the needle on achieving gender parity in innovation.
- September 30, 2020Hartford, Connecticut and Beyond
Cantor Colburn is hosting an AIPLA women's networking and bourbon tasting event via Zoom on Wednesday, September 30, 2020 from 6-7 PM EST, “Building Bonds Over Bourbon: Conversations with IP Colleagues.” Our program will enhance networking skills: we’ll have a bourbon tasting, learn and practice techniques for building relationships, and discuss IP issues in breakout groups.
- September 21, 2020
IPO has decided that the 2020 Annual Meeting will take place virtually on September 21, 2020 on a secure and engaging virtual platform.
- March 4, 2020Washington, D.C.
Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq., Counsel and member of the IPO U.S. Patent Office Practice Committee and IPO Women in IP Law Committee, will attend the IP Owners Spring Summit in Washington, D.C., on March 4-5, 2020.
- February 6, 2020Atlanta
Tina Dorr will attend the Georgia Bar's 8th Annual IP Gala, presented by its IP Section, taking place on Friday, February 6, 2020, at the Georgia Aquarium.
- December 9, 2019
As Chair of the Outreach Committee of the Atlanta chapter of ChIPs, Chiefs in Intellectual Property, Counsel Tina Dorr organized the December 9, 2019 community outreach event at the Rise Against Hunger Warehouse.
- December 5, 2019
- November 13, 2019Atlanta
Cantor Colburn is sponsoring the Georgia Pacific American Bar Association (GAPABA) Women’s Leadership Network 2019 Annual Signature Dinner on November 13, 2019 and GAPABA member Tina Dorr is attending.
- October 29, 2019Atlanta
Cantor Colburn, a Premier Sponsor of the Georgia State University College of Law Intellectual Property Program, is pleased to support The Annual Corporate IP Institute®, presented by the university's College of Law and the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, and the Atlanta Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section.
- September 24, 2019Washington, D.C.
The Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) 47th Annual Meeting takes place September 24-26, 2019, in Washington, D.C.
- July 27, 2019Atlanta, Georgia
Tina Dorr will attend the Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association Women's Leadership Workshop in Atlanta on July 27, 2019.
- July 25, 2019Boston
- June 3, 2019San Jose, California
Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Esq. will speak at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO) public hearing on the Study of Underrepresented Classes Chasing Engineering and Science Act of 2018 or “SUCCESS Act” on June 3, 2019 at the USPTO's Silicon Valley regional office in San Jose, California. This public hearing is an opportunity to contribute oral comments concerning the participation of women, minorities, and veterans in entrepreneurship activities and the patent system. She is representing the Intellectual Property Owners Association's Women in IP Committee, of which she is Secretary.
- May 30, 2019Atlanta
- April 17, 2019Atlanta
Tina Dorr, Ph.D. will be honored at the 2019 GAPABA (Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association) New Partners and Counsel Luncheon on April 17, 2019 in Atlanta.
- March 26, 2019Atlanta, Georgia
- March 6, 2019Austin, Texas
- February 22, 2019Atlanta
Cantor Colburn is pleased to sponsor the Georgia Bar's 7th Annual IP Gala, presented by its IP Section, taking place on Friday, February 22 at the Georgia Aquarium.
- December 6, 2018Atlanta, Georgia
The IP Section of the State Bar of Georgia will meet for its annual IP Holiday Party on December 6, 2018 at the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta. The IP Section will be collecting donations to the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
- October 22, 2018Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn, a Premier Sponsor of the Georgia State University College of Law Intellectual Property Program, is pleased to support The Annual Corporate IP Institute®, presented by the university's College of Law and the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, and the Atlanta Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section. This collaboration is for the educational benefit of corporations interested in maximizing the value of their intellectual property assets. The annual two-day annual event is held at the Georgia State University Student Center, October 22-23, 2018.
- April 16, 2014Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn patent agent Tina Dorr, Ph.D., presented “From the Bench to the Bar: Patent Law Careers for Scientists” to biology and computer science Ph.D. students at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia on April 16, 2014. Dr. Dorr's Ph.D. in chemistry and biochemistry is from Georgia Tech, where she was formerly a research assistant.
- “N-formylkynurenine, photoinhibition, and D1 polypeptide turnover in photosystem II,” Midwest/ Southeast Photosynthesis Conference, Marshall, Indiana, 2011
- “N-formylkynurenine in photosystem II: A proposed function in photoprotection,” Molecular Biophysics Research Review, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011
- “N-formylkynurenine in photosystem II and its function in photoprotection,” Midwest/ Southeast Photosynthesis Conference, Marshall, Indiana, 2010
- “Preliminary 2D crystallization studies of spinach PSII,” Electron Crystallography Workshop, Basel, Switzerland, 2010
- “2-Dimensional crystallization of photosystem II in spinach,” NanoBiology of Macromolecular Assembly Disorders Symposium, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
- “Structural studies of photosystem II: Electron crystallography and characterization of a novel chromophore,” National Science Foundation sponsored C.I.B.E.R. Exchange Program, Covilha, Portugal, 2009
- “Antibody- mediated therapy for prion diseases,” School of Chemistry and Biochemistry Second Year Seminar, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2007
IP Law360 2021 Intellectual Property Editorial Advisory Board
GA Bar, Committee to Promote Inclusion in the Profession, 2021-2022
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- Current (2021) Co-Vice Chair, New Generation Leaders Committee
- Current Co-Chair (2020 and 2021), Women in IP Law Committee, the Law Firm Toolkit Subcommittee
- Member, Women in IP Law Committee (Former Co-Vice Chair and Secretary)
- Member, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association (GAPABA)
- Current Co-Chair (2020 and 2021), Women's Leadership Network Committee
Chiefs of IP (ChIPs), Atlanta Chapter
- Current Chair (2020 and 2021), Outreach Committee
Women in Bio, Atlanta chapter
Korean American Bar Association of Georgia (KABA-GA)
The American Chemical Society
Georgia Tech Women Alumnae Network
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
5th grade student mentor, IPO Education Foundation, TryEngineering Together, 2021-2022