- Design Patents Practice
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Patent Landscaping and Risk Analysis
- Automotive Technology
- Computer and Systems Engineering
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy & Ceramics
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Regent’s and Chancellor’s Scholarship – most prestigious merit scholarship awarded to incoming students at UC Berkeley
- Kraft Scholarship – awarded for outstanding academic performance in the first year
- Dean’s Honor List – Fall & Spring 1999
- State of Texas, 2007
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2007
University of Houston, Post-baccalaureate coursework - OOP Paradigms and Programming (C++), Assembly Language Programming, Data Structures, Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Software Engineering, Automata and Computability
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2006
University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Mathematics, 2002
Srikant Viswanadham's practice spans a number of areas of intellectual property law including IP procurement, strategic IP counseling, IP portfolio management, and opinion work. Srikant focuses his practice on patent application preparation and patent procurement. Srikant has prepared hundreds of patent applications and prosecuted several hundred more directed to a wide variety of technological areas including computer hardware and software, business methods, electrical and electro-mechanical devices and systems, and oil and gas technologies. Srikant also has experience conducting due diligence reviews as part of mergers and acquisitions and preparing freedom-to-operate, invalidity, and non-infringement opinions. Srikant's prior experience further includes assisting in various aspects of patent litigation including formulating invalidity and infringement positions, drafting and responding to discovery requests, and managing document review.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2015-present
Counsel, Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan, LLP, 2015-2015
Senior Associate, Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan, LLP, 2012-2015
Senior Associate, D’Ambrosio & Menon, LLP, 2009-2012
Associate, Cermak, Kenealy, Vaidya & Nakajima, LLP (now Kenealy Vaidya LLP), 2009
Associate, Oliff and Berridge, PLC (now Oliff PLC), 2007-2009
"It Takes One to Infringe: Akamai Ruling Holds That Induced Infringement Requires Direct Infringement by a Single Party," co-author, Legal Alert, Sutherland, Asbill & Brennan, LLP
- January 6, 2016
- February 22, 2019Atlanta
Cantor Colburn is pleased to sponsor the Georgia Bar's 7th Annual IP Gala, presented by its IP Section, taking place on Friday, February 22 at the Georgia Aquarium.
- October 23, 2018Seattle, Washington
- September 20, 2018Amelia Island, Florida
Cantor Colburn partner Srikant Viswanadham will be a speaker at the 24th Annual Intellectual Property Law Institute sponsored by the IP Section of the State Bar of Georgia. Srikant will be on the panel "Strengthening Your IP Portfolio with Design Patents." Cantor Colburn is #3 in the U.S. for design patents. The Institute takes place September 20-22, 2018 on Amelia Island, Florida.
- June 14, 2018
Cantor Colburn is proud to be a returning sponsor of the 6th Annual Beer Tasting & BBQ Battle, a collaborative effort of Atlanta Legal Aid Society and Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation to raise funds – and awareness – to support critical programs administered by each organization in the Atlanta area. It takes place on June 14, 2018 at Park Tavern in Atlanta.
- June 8, 2017Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the Beer Tasting & BBQ Battle, a collaborative effort of the Atlanta Legal Aid Society and the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation to raise funds and awareness to support critical programs administered by each organization in the Atlanta area.
- March 8, 2017Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn is sponsoring The IP Strategy Summit: Atlanta on March 8 at the Ritz Carlton, Atlanta, where Co-Managing Partner Philmore Colburn II was a featured speaker. Conference topics addressed IP strategy in light of the Alice ruling on what’s patentable, the Octane and Highmark decisions on fee shifting standards, and potential risky outcomes from post issuance proceedings.
- “One-Oh-What Now? Patentable Subject Matter Madness,” co-presenter, Intellectual Property Section of the Georgia Bar, Patent and Litigation CommitteesMarch 9, 2015
- “Another Software Patent is Invalidated – Are Business Method and Software Patent Rights at Risk?,” co-presenter at Sutherland IP group meetingJanuary 27, 2015
- “Alice Pulls a White Rabbit From the Supreme Court’s Hat – Software Patents after Alice v. CLS Bank,” CLE co-presenterOctober 28, 2014
- “After Final Patent Prosecution Practice – Taking Advantage of the USPTO’s After Final Consideration Pilot Program,” co-presenter at Sutherland IP group meetingOctober 27, 2013
American Bar Association - Policy Monitor - Section 103 Committee
Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association (GAPABA) - Member
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) - IP Publications Committee, Co-chair
Atlanta IP Inn of Court - Barrister