- Chemical Engineering
- Polymer & Materials Science
- National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2009
- National Science Foundation Integrated Research and Training Fellowship, 2006
- University of Massachusetts Graduate Student Fellowship, 2006
- National Science Foundation International Research Experience Fellowship, 2006
- Bayer Merit Scholarship for the Classical Languages, 2002
- Pratt and Whitney Scholarship Engineering Diversity Program Scholar, 1999-2003
- University of Connecticut Dean’s Award for Academic Achievement, 1999-2003
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2012
UNH Franklin Pierce, J.D. Candidate 2019-present
Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2009 – 2011
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, Ph.D., Polymer Science and Engineering, 2009
University of Connecticut, B.S., Chemical Engineering, and B.A., German, 2004
- Adjunct Faculty Member, University of New Haven, Mass Transfer Operations, Spring 2011-2012
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Montgomery College, Engineering Thermodynamics Spring 2010, Physics Fall 2010
Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. currently assists clients in a wide range of technical fields including chemistry, nanotechnology, chemical engineering, and mechanical engineering, with a primary focus on polymer and material science ranging from monomer synthesis through production and subsequent product development. Her practice involves multiple applications in polymerization, glazings, additive manufacturing, personal care products, packaging, green technology initiatives, optics, wireless communication, fuel cells, and thermal management. Jessica has extensive experience in patent preparation and both foreign and domestic prosecution. She works closely with a variety of start-up companies, several of the leading companies in the plastics industry, major research universities, and for other clients with complex technology and intellectual property portfolios. Prior to joining Cantor Colburn, Jessica worked as an engineer in several companies including Rogers Corporation, Unilever, Fraunhofer IPA, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Senior Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn, 2019-present
Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn, 2012-2018
Technical Advisor, Cantor Colburn, 2011 - 2012
Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2009-2011
Adjunct Faculty Member, University of New Haven, 2011 - 2012
Adjunct Faculty Member, Montgomery College, 2010 – 2011
International Researcher, Tokyo Women’s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan, Summer 2006
Graduate Candidate, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Polymer Science and Engineering Department, 2004-2009
Engineering Intern, Rogers Corporation, Rogers, CT, Summer 2004
Germany Engineering Intern, Clean Room Research, Fraunhofer IPA, Stuttgart, Summer 2003
Engineering Intern, Pilot Plant Operations, Unilever HPC, Trumbull, CT, Summer 2002
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Institute of Materials Science, Storrs, CT, 2001 – 2002
- Zimberlin, J.A., Crosby A., “Methods and Apparatus For Modulus Measurement,” US 8321139
- Zimberlin, J.A., Wadsworth, P., Crosby, A.J., “Living Microlenses,” US 2009 0015928A1
- Connecticut Law TribuneJanuary 31, 2019
"Connecticut Movers: Promoting Lawyers Who've Clearly Got the Goods" highlighted the promotions of Partner James Wimpe, Alicia Hayter, Jared Howenstine, and Wanli Wu to Counsel, and Senior Patent Agent Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D., to Senior Patent Agent in the January 25, 2019 article in the Connecticut Law Tribune.
- December 19, 2018
Cantor Colburn LLP, the fourth largest patent law firm in the U.S., welcomes the new year with the elevation of James Wimpe to its partnership. Also effective January 1, 2019, Associates Tina Dorr, Ph.D., Alicia Hayter, Jared Howenstine, David Kincaid, Matteo Pedini, and Wanli Wu will be promoted to Counsel. Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D., will be promoted to Senior Patent Agent.
- Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. Patent Training Webinar for Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Chemical Engineering Graduate StudentsOctober 12, 2021
Cantor Colburn Senior Patent Agent Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. will present a Patent Training Webinar on October 12, 2021 at the request of the Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Chemical Engineering Department for its graduate students.
- April 7, 2021virtual
Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. will participate as a Student Reporter in the American Bar Association - Intellectual Property Law (ABA-IPL) Spring Virtual Meeting, taking place from April 7 - 16, 2021. The event features governance meetings, CLE education, presentations by international IP experts, and multiple interactive networking opportunities.
- March 27, 2019Plainfield, Connecticut
The 15th Annual Women of Innovation awards gala on March 27, 2019 recognizes women accomplished in science, technology, engineering, math and those who are involved in their community. It is presented by the Connecticut Technology Council, which Cantor Colburn has supported for many years.
- February 17, 2019Hilton Head, South Carolina
Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. will attend the Adhesion Society Annual Meeting from February 17-20, 2019 in Hilton Head, SC.
- January 19, 2019UMass Amherst
Jared Howenstine and Jessica Eastman will attend the Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics at UMass January 18-20, 2019. The UMass Amherst site is one of 12 different conferences taking place in various locations around the country over that same weekend. Attendees of the conference are generally regional, and are coming together to present information on their physics research, network with their community, and learn more about career prospects in local companies.
- October 26, 2018Hartford Marriott Downtown, Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the 13th Annual Aurora Signature Breakfast at the Hartford Marriott Downtown, Hartford, Connecticut on October 26, 2018.
- June 14, 2018Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is proud to support the United Way Women's Initiative event Power of the Purse Luncheon and Silent Auction on Thursday, June 14, 2018. This annual event benefits women and families by providing them with resources and means to help become financially stable. Attendees to the luncheon include Cantor Colburn attorneys Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D., Alicia Hayter, and Lynn Stewart.
- May 22, 2018Tunxis Plantation Country Club, Farmington, CT
Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. will be attending the CT Chapter of the Society of Plastics Engineers annual golf outing, Tuesday, May 22, 2018. The SPE promotes local education in the plastics industry and related fields.
- February 27, 2018Houston, Texas
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the 19th Annual Ethics Seminar and Golf/Spa Event presented by the Houston ACC (Association of Corporate Counsel) in Houston, Texas on February 27, 2018. The agenda includes CLE presentations in the morning and golf or spa in the afternoon. Cantor Colburn's Pamela Curbelo and Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. will attend.
- January 9, 2018Hartford, Connecticut
Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin will speak at the MetroHartford Alliance Rising Star Breakfast on January 9 in Hartford.
- December 7, 2017Hartford, Connecticut
The (Society of Women Engineers) Hartford held a Stanley, Black and Decker Open House featuring speaker Karin Overstreet, Vice President, Construction Hand Tools. Karin will speak on Product Development innovation within Stanley, Black and Decker. Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D. attended the event.
- Graduate Professional Workshop: Non-Traditional Career Paths for Students with Graduate Engineering DegreesOctober 18, 2017UConn Main Campus, Storrs, Connecticut
Jessica Zimberlin Eastman, Ph.D., will participate in the UConn School of Engineering's Graduate Professional Workshop: Non-Traditional Career Paths for Students with Graduate Engineering Degrees. Dr. Eastman is a patent agent at Cantor Colburn. She has a B.S. in chemical engineering and a B.A. in German from UConn and a Ph.D. in polymer science and engineering from UMass-Amherst.
- April 25, 2016Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is proud to be a returning sponsor of the UConn Health White Coat Gala, which honors the “white coats” worn by the men and women breaking new ground in the lab and providing exceptional, personalized patient care.
- November 10, 2015Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is proud to sponsor the Innovation Summit, presented by the Connecticut Technology Council.
- The 92nd Annual Dinner in Honor of the Federal JudiciaryMarch 28, 2014New York, New York
- Determining Local Mechanical Properties of Soft Materials with Cavitation RheologyMarch 2007American Physical Society, Denver, CO
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut, Women's Leadership Council
Participate in outreach programs to increase diversity in the Natural Sciences by inspiring K-12 students with extracurricular activities and hands-on demonstrations, 2004-Present.
Full day leader in the Summer Program, “Young Women in Science,” whose aim is to increase the participation of women in science by providing increased scientific exposure to middle school females, 2007.
Co-PI on university wide research successfully funded mentoring grant to fund initial year of a mentoring program for the Polymer Science and Engineering Department, 2006.
Participated in the 2005 Association for Women in Science Conference aimed at promoting and maintaining the involvement of women in science.