- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- Rising Stars 2016, Legal Media Group
- State of Connecticut, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont, 2008
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire, 2005
The University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly known as the Franklin Pierce Law Center), JD, cum laude, 2005
Tufts University, BA, Political Science, 2001
Jamie Sternberg provides counsel on obtaining domestic and foreign trademark protection, including prosecuting trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, working with trademark counsel worldwide to register trademarks, and analyzing the availability of marks for use and registration. Jamie develops strategies to protect IP assets, including drafting cease and desist letters and negotiating resolutions to disputes. In addition, she litigates trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, in federal court, and around the world with foreign counsel. Jamie routinely enforces trademarks on the Internet, including handling Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings before the National Arbitration Forum and the World Intellectual Property Office, offering up-to-date counsel on social media issues, and providing strategic guidance on the new generic top-level (gTLD) domain name program. With respect to corporate matters, Jamie’s practice includes trademark due diligence in corporate transactions and the preparation of a wide range of IP agreements, including assignments and licenses, consulting and confidentiality agreements, and trademark consent and coexistence agreements.
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2015 – present
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2011 – 2014
Associate, McCarter & English, LLP, Hartford, CT, 2010 – 2011
Associate, Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC, Burlington, VT, 2007 – 2010
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Concord, NH
- Attorney, 2005 – 2007
- Law Clerk, 2004 – 2005
Legal Intern, The Timberland Company, Stratham, NH, Spring 2004
Marketing Intern, Monster.com, Maynard, MA, 2000
- June 4, 2019Upward Hartford
Upwards Hartford brings "She Means Business: Balanching It All", a panel of powerful women from across industries (i.e. mental health & wellness, entertainment, lifestyle & beauty, and success coaching) to share their unique stories, key action steps to operating a healthier work/life schedule, tips to excel as a woman in business, and creative inspiration for future endeavors.
- May 18, 2019Boston, Massachusetts
The 141st annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) will take place in Boston, Massachusetts from May 18-22, 2018. Nearly 10,000 intellectual property professionals from around the world will attend, including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- March 27, 2019Plainfield, Connecticut
The 15th Annual Women of Innovation awards gala on March 27, 2019 recognizes women accomplished in science, technology, engineering, math and those who are involved in their community. It is presented by the Connecticut Technology Council, which Cantor Colburn has supported for many years.
- May 19, 2018Seattle, Washington
The 140th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) will take place in Seattle, Washington from May 19-23, 2018. Nearly 10,000 intellectual property professionals from around the world will attend, including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- March 28, 2018Southington, Connecticut
The Women of Innovation® awards gala on March 28, 2018, celebrates the women who make Connecticut's businesses and institutions strong leaders on the cutting edge. The event is presented by the Connecticut Technology Council, and Cantor Colburn attorneys Taylor Coon and Jamie Sternberg are judges, working to evaluate the finalists' contributions and select award winners.
- May 20, 2017Barcelona, Spain
The 139th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) took place in Barcelona, Spain from May 20-24, 2017 and was attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- March 29, 2017Plainfield, Connecticut
The Connecticut Technology Council presented the Women of Innovation Awards Dinner, held on March 29th. This prestigious award program recognizes the energy, creativity and remarkable capabilities of women working in Connecticut's science and technology community.
- November 22, 2016
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:00 pm EST, Jamie Platkin, Counsel in the Trademark & Copyright Department, spoke on the panel of a live Strafford webinar called Preparing UDRP Complaints: Determining Registrant Rights, Providing Evidentiary Support of Bad Faith Registration and Use.
- November 15, 2016Hollywood, Florida
The 2016 INTA Leadership Meeting, November 15-18 in Hollywood, Florida, brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals. It offers them an advanced-level educational program and the opportunity to conduct business and network with colleagues from around the world.
INTA is a global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property in order to protect consumers and to promote fair and effective commerce.
- October 26, 2016Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn hosted the October 2016 International Trademark Association (INTA) roundtable, Emerging Issues in the Electronic Marketplace, in the firm’s Hartford office. Trademark attorney Jamie Platkin facilitated the two-hour roundtable discussion where lunch was provided. Contact INTA to register.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 21, 2016Orlando, Florida
- November 17, 2015Panama City, Panama
The INTA Leadership Meeting brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals.
- May 2, 2015San Diego, California
The 137th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) takes place in San Diego, California and will be attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- INTA Leadership Meeting 2014November 11, 2014Phoenix, Arizona
- October 30, 2014Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn will host the October 2014 International Trademark Association (INTA) roundtable, Are you up-to-date with the latest legal issues in social media?, in the firm’s Hartford office.
- October 31, 2013Hartford, Connecticut
Jamie Platkin will host The International Trademark Association (INTA) Roundtable "WIPO’s Madrid and OHIM’s CTM and RCD Systems" on October 31, 2013 at Cantor Colburn's Hartford Office.
- Third Annual Connecticut-Israel Technology SummitJune 12, 2013The Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, CT
- May 4, 2013Dallas, Texas
- January 29, 2013Hartford, Connecticut
Jamie Platkin will host The International Trademark Association (INTA) Roundtable "Social Media and Intellectual Property" on January 29, 2013 at Cantor Colburn's Hartford Office.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting 2012May 5, 2012Washington, D.C.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 14, 2011San Francisco, California
- Trademark Basics for Businessespresented at Women Business Owners Network chapter meetings on March 18, 2010 in St. Johnsbury, Vermont and on May 20, 2010 in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Moderator for the Connecticut Bar Association CLE, “Ethics and Intellectual Property: Traps, Pitfalls, and Adventures in IP Lawyering” – December 5, 2018, held at Cantor Colburn.
Connecticut Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
Intellectual Property Owners Association
International Trademark Association
Member of Emerging Issues Committee, 2014 – 2017
- Issue Identification Subcommittee, 2014 - 2016
- Co-Chair Embargoes and Sanctions Subcommittee, 2017
Member of Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee 2018 – 2019
- Lanham Act Amendment Task Force 2018
- Chair of Social Media Task Force 2019
Farmington Valley Jewish Congregation, Chair of New Family and New Member Recruitment Committee, 2018-2019
Connecticut Technology Council Women of Innovation Awards, Judge and Committee Member, 2017-2019
Toastmasters of Greater Burlington, Vice President of Education, Secretary, and Vice President of Public Relations, 2007-2010