- Advertising and Marketing Law
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Inter Partes Review
- Internet and Domain Names
- IP Transactional
- Non-infringement Opinions
- Patentability Opinions
- Post Grant Practice
- Post-Grant Review
- Right of Publicity
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trademark and Copyright Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- Trademarks and Trade Dress
- Unfair Competition and False Advertising
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Named to Best Lawyers (R), U.S. News, 2019-2021
- Managing IP, IP Stars, Connecticut, USA, 2013-2015
- Top 50 US Trademark Attorney, The CSC Trademark Insider, 2005-2009
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Uniform Commercial Code Article 2
- State of Connecticut, 2001
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1997
Western New England University School of Law, J.D., 1997
Bard College, B.A., Languages & Literature, 1992
- Guest Lecturer, Northeastern University School of Law’s IP Law Clinic
George Pelletier brings more than 15 years’ experience in the trademark and copyright fields with a focus on counseling, protecting and enforcing trademark, trade dress, copyright, trade secret, and related intellectual property rights, domestically and overseas.
George was an Adjunct Professor at Western New England University School of Law, teaching Trademarks and Unfair Competition, and has lectured at the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Of Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2017-present
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2013-2016
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2011-2012
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2000-2010
Legislative Aide, 13th Hampden District, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1998-1999
Temporary Assistant Clerk, Connecticut Superior Court, Civil Division, 1997
- MySpace Inc. v. Will Eom, WIPO Case No. D2008-0448. Successfully argued and awarded transfer of domain name from typosquatter.
- MySpace, Inc. v. Edwin De Jesus, EDJ Associates Inc., WIPO Case No. D2007-1878. Successfully argued and awarded transfer of two domain names from cybersquatter.
- Osram Sylvania, Inc. v. iLighting Solutions Inc., WIPO Case No. D2008-0003. Successfully argued and awarded transfer of two domain names from cybersquatter.
- Kirkbi AG v. This Domain for Sale/Steve Morsa, WIPO Case No. D2003-0826 Successfully argued and awarded transfer of multiple domain names from cybersquatter.
- November 1, 2019
U.S. News - Best Lawyers® has ranked Cantor Colburn among the country’s "Best Law Firms" for 2020. Cantor Colburn’s trademark, copyright, and litigation practices were cited, and litigation was cited for both intellectual property and patent litigation. Earlier this year Michael A. Cantor, Philmore H. Colburn II, Michael J. Rye, Curtis Krechevsky and George A. Pelletier, Jr. were recognized as Best Lawyers.
- August 19, 2019
Co-Managing Partners Michael A. Cantor and Philmore H. Colburn II, Partner and Litigation Department Co-Chair Michael J. Rye, Partner and Trademark & Copyright Department Chair Curtis Krechevsky and Trademark and Copyright Of Counsel George A. Pelletier, Jr. have been selected as U.S. News – Best Lawyers® (2020 Edition).
- Legal 500 USA 2018June 4, 2018
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2018 in Intellectual Property for Patents: prosecution (including re-examination and post-grant proceedings). This is the ninth consecutive year that Cantor Colburn has been recognized for this highly selective honor.
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- July 28, 2021
Cantor Colburn led a UConn Technology Commercialization Services Fireside Chat, "Working with Different Types of Intellectual Property," on July 28, 2021. Todd Garabedian, Ph.D., Esq., Partner and Vice Chair of Cantor Colburn's Life Sciences Patent Practice, discussed patents, Curt Krechevsky, Partner and Chair of the Trademark & Copyright Practice, discussed trademarks, and George Pelletier, Of Counsel in the Trademark & Copyright Practice, discussed trademarks.
- December 3, 2019Hartford, Connecticut
Alison Caless will participate on an IP Ethics CLE panel for the IP section of the Connecticut Bar on December 3, 2019; 2 CLE Ethics credits are available in CT and NY. Alison is a member of the CBA's IP Section.
- May 18, 2019Boston, Massachusetts
The 141st annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) will take place in Boston, Massachusetts from May 18-22, 2018. Nearly 10,000 intellectual property professionals from around the world will attend, including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- April 10, 2019Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn will host the April 2019 International Trademark Association (INTA) roundtable, Canadian Trademark Reform: A Follow Up, in the firm’s Hartford office. Trademark attorney George Pelletier will facilitate the two-hour roundtable discussion.
American Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
- Special Committee on Computer Gaming & Virtual Worlds
Connecticut Bar Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Academic Committee, 2012-2013
- Trademark Law (U.S.) Committee, 2010-2011
- US Roundtables Project Team, 2010-2011
Sponsor, Connecticut Farmland Trust Connecticut Celebration of Farms, 2005-2009