- Advertising and Marketing Law
- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- Inter Partes Review
- Internet and Domain Names
- IP Transactional
- Post Grant Practice
- Post-Grant Review
- Right of Publicity
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trade Secrets
- Trademark and Copyright Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- Trademarks and Trade Dress
- Transfers, Mergers, Acquisitions, Bankruptcies and Securitizations
- Unfair Competition and False Advertising
- Named to Best Lawyers(R) in America, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- WIPR Leader, 2017
- Client Choice Award Winner, US, Intellectual Property, Trademarks, Client Choice USA & Canada 2013, 2015
- Internationally Recognized Trademark Attorney, Who's Who Legal - International Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers, 2005 - 2017
- Selected as one of Boston's "Best IP Lawyers," Digin's Top Picks in Boston, Boston Digital Industry News, May 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for First Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2000
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Tenth Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1984
- State of Colorado, 1983
- Not admitted in Connecticut
- Law Clerk, Hon. Zita L. Weinshienk, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, Denver, CO
Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1982
Yale University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 1978
- Distinction in the Major
- Phi Beta Kappa
カート・クレチェフスキーは、キャンター・コルバーン法律事務所のパートナーであり、また、商標・著作権部門長でもあります。業務として、商標、不正競争、著作権、パブリシティおよびプライバシーの権利、インターネット、広告、マーケティング、プロモーション、ライセンシング、および企業秘密法に注力しております。法律事務所および企業内での米国内および国際的な案件の30年以上の経験に基づき、全ての規模の全ての業界のクライアントへの助言およびこれらのクライアントの代理において、ビジネス指向の、実用的で革新的、そしてコスト重視の方法を提案しています。過去には、リーボック社（Reebok）の法律部門内の商標業務グループを管理・監督していたこともあり、様々な特許および著作権実施案件を扱っていました。長年、インターナショナル・トレードマーク・アソシエーション（INTA）の活動をしており、以前は、INTAの役員会（Board of Directors）および執行委員会（Executive Committee）の一員をしておりました。現在は、INTAのブランドおよびイノベーションに関するプレジデンシャルタスクフォース（Presidential Task Force on Brands and Innovation）の副代表およびINTAの関連権利委員会（Related Rights Committee）およびパブリシティ権小委員会（Right of Publicity subcommittee）のメンバーを勤めております。知財法に関する記事をいくつか発表し、法律およびビジネス会議およびセミナーにおいて、たびたび講師として招かれております。
Partner and Chair of the Trademark & Copyright Department, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2005-present
Intellectual Property Attorney and Consultant, solo practice, Wellesley, MA, 2002-2005
Partner and Head of Trademark/Copyright Practice Group, Hutchins Wheeler & Dittmar, Boston, MA, 2000-2002
Assistant General Counsel and Trademark Counsel, Reebok International Ltd., Canton, MA, 1988-2000
Associate Attorney, Holland & Hart LLP, Denver, CO, 1984-1988
- IP Law360March 18, 2020
Curt Krechevsky and Ali Caless co-authored the article “TTAB Rulings' Preclusive Effect 5 Years After B&B Hardware,” published in IP Law360 on March 18, 2020.
- September 1, 2018
Four of Cantor Colburn’s key partner were selected by their peers for recognition in The Best Lawyers in America (2019 Edition). Co-Managing Partners Michael A. Cantor and Philmore H. Colburn II, Litigation Department Chair Michael J. Rye, and Partner and Trademark & Copyright Department Chair Curtis Krechevsky were recognized for the third consecutive year.
- August 15, 2017
Cantor Colburn is pleased to announce that its Co-Managing Partners Michael A. Cantor and Philmore H. Colburn II, and partners Curtis Krechevsky, who leads the firm’s Trademark & Copyright Department, and Michael J. Rye, who leads the firm’s Litigation Department, were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018.
- IPPro The InternetJune 27, 2017
Curt Krechevsky, chair of Cantor Colburn's Trademark & Copyright Department, was featured in the June 27, 2017 issue of IPPro The Internet, discussing his role as Chair of the INTA Brands and Innovation Committee.
- Michael A. Cantor, Philmore H. Colburn II, and Curtis Krechevsky Recognized in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2017August 17, 2016
Cantor Colburn, one of the largest intellectual property (IP) law firms in the country, is pleased to announce that its Co-Managing Partners Michael A. Cantor and Philmore H. Colburn II, and partner Curt Krechevsky, who leads the firm’s Trademark & Copyright Department, were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017.
- May 9, 2016
Michael A. Cantor, Co-Managing Partner of Cantor Colburn LLP, and Curtis Krechevsky, Partner and Chair of the Trademark & Copyright Department at the firm, are recognized as world leading practitioners of trademark law by the 2016 edition of The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers.
- Michael A. Cantor and Curtis Krechevsky Recognized in the U.S. News – Best Lawyers® 2016 Edition of Best Lawyers In AmericaAugust 19, 2015
- China IP MagazineJune 1, 2015
- April 24, 2015
- Law360April 10, 2015
On April 10, 2015, IP Law360 published Curt Krechevsky and Tom Mango's article, "Giving DuPont Its Due: How B&B Hardware Empowers TTAB," on the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling in B&B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Industries, Inc. Krechevsky, a partner, chairs the firm's Trademark & Copyright Department and has more than 30 years' experience in IP law. Mango, who is litigator specializing in Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (“TTAB”) proceedings, is part of the firm's Trademark and Litigation Departments.
- June 6, 2014
Michael A. Cantor, Co-Managing Partner of Cantor Colburn LLP, and Curtis Krechevsky, Partner and Chair of the Trademark & Copyright Department at the firm, are recognized as world leading practitioners of trademark law by the 2014 edition of The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers. The two trademark standouts were named to this distinction by their peers. According to the publication, lawyers who receive this honor “have been selected based upon comprehensive, independent survey work and only specialists who have met independent international research criteria are listed.”
- Curt Krechevsky Appointed to Co-Chair the International Trademark Association’s Brands and Innovation Presidential Task ForceJanuary 9, 2014
Cantor Colburn LLP partner Curt Krechevsky has been appointed by the President of the International Trademark Association (INTA), Mei-lan Stark, to co-chair a new task force on Brands and Innovation. A former member of the INTA Board of Directors, Mr. Krechevsky has also chaired and served on numerous INTA committees in his more than twenty years of Association participation. INTA is a global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property in order to protect consumers and to promote fair and effective commerce. The mission of the Brands and Innovation Presidential Task Force is to analyze the relationship between trademarks and innovation, including how brands promote innovation and drive the economy, as well as how innovation impacts brands and trademark-related issues.
- October 10, 2013
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recognized by 10 different organizations and publications- which heralded 14 attorneys in particular- for excellence in their work in 2013. The Legal 500 has applauded the firm for its “solid reputation in the market of providing an excellent level of service, and having an excellent value for money.” From accolades for the firm as a whole to specific recognition of Cantor Colburn attorneys in diverse practice areas within the field of intellectual property, the firm has enjoyed an abundance of recognition in 2013.
- Connecticut Law TribuneApril 9, 2012
- November 7, 2017Washington, D.C.
The 2017 INTA (International Trademark Association) Leadership Meeting, November 7-10, 2017 in Washington, D.C., brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals. It offers them an advanced-level educational program and the opportunity to conduct business and network with colleagues from around the world.
- May 20, 2017Barcelona, Spain
The 139th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) took place in Barcelona, Spain from May 20-24, 2017 and was attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 21, 2016Orlando, Florida
- November 17, 2015Panama City, Panama
The INTA Leadership Meeting brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals.
- March 10, 2015New York City
- INTA Leadership Meeting 2014November 11, 2014Phoenix, Arizona
- June 18, 2014Alicante, Spain
- International Trademark Association (INTA) 136th Annual Meeting 2014May 10, 2014Hong Kong, China
- November 12, 2013Miami Beach, Florida
- INTA 135th Annual MeetingMay 4, 2013Dallas, Texas
- Curt Krechevsky, panelist, “No Trademark Owner is an Island," 2013 INTA Annual Meeting, Dallas, Texas, May, 2013
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting 2012May 5, 2012Washington, D.C.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 14, 2011San Francisco, California
- The Pit and The Pendulum – Fraud on the USPTO and Ethical Concerns With Federal Brand Protection, presenterDecember 2008Fox Entertainment Group Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Los Angeles, California
- Using Celebrities and Sponsorships to Create Brand Value: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly2008INTA Advanced Trademark Symposium
- Fraud on the USPTO – The Pit and the Pendulum2008INTA Advanced Trademark Symposium
American Intellectual Property Law Association
American Bar Association, Sections on Intellectual Property Law, Entertainment and Sports Law
Intellectual Property Owners Association
International Trademark Association:
- Designated firm representative to INTA
- Chair of the INTA Brands and Innovation Committee, 2016-2017
- Co-Chair of INTA Presidential Task Force on Brands & Innovation, 2014-2015
- Member of INTA Related Rights Committee, Right of Publicity Subcommittee, 2012-2016
Member of INTA Non-Traditional Trademarks Committee, North America Subcommittee, 2008-2011
- Member of INTA Information Resources Committee and Task Force Chair, 2006-2007
- Member of INTA Programs Board, 2004-2005
- Member of INTA Meetings Board, 2001-2003
- Chairperson for 10 years of various INTA standing committees, including:
- Membership Committee, 1999-2001
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Enforcement Committee, 1997-1999
- Publications Committee / Projects Editorial Board, 1994-1997
- INTA Bulletin Editorial Board, 1992-1994
- Member of INTA Board of Directors and Board Executive Committee, 1998-1999
Boston Patent Law Association
Boston Bar Association, former member
Massachusetts Bar Association, former member
New England Corporate Counsel Association, former member