- Computer Science & Software
- Food Science
- Pharmaceuticals & Pharmaceutical Formulation
- Polymer & Materials Science
- Patent Agent, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
University of Wisconsin, Ph.D., Physical Chemistry, 1982
Bucknell University, B.S., Chemistry, magna cum laude, 1975
Sandra Shaner concentrates her practice primarily in the areas of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, food science, and material science. She has extensive experience in patent application, preparation, and prosecution and patent searching. Sandy has prepared and prosecuted patent applications involving pharmaceutical compositions and formulations, medical treatments, biologics, immunotherapy, antibody technology, gene therapy, nucleic acid and amino acid sequences, and pharmacogenomics. She has experience preparing patentability opinions and patent landscape reports, and has also been involved in opinion and due diligence work relating to pharmaceuticals, biologics, and diagnostics.
Senior Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2016-present
Patent Agent, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2004-2015
Senior Patent Agent, Genaissance Pharmaceuticals, Inc., New Haven, CT, 2000-2004
Principal, SLS Consulting, New Haven, CT, 1999-2000
- Consultant in biophysical chemistry, experimental design and analysis, writing and editing
Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Wayne State University, in Detroit, MI, 1990-1997
Associate Research Scientist, Yale University, New Haven, CT, Department of Human Genetics, 1982-1990
- U.S. 7,122,566 Metaxalone products, method of manufacture and method of use
- US 6,944,767 Methods and apparatus for ensuring the privacy and security of personal medical information
- US 6,929,912 Methods for evaluating the ability to metabolize pharmaceuticals
- US 6,797,477 Genetic typing of the human cytochrome P450 2A6 gene and related methods
- US 6,521,747 Haplotypes of the AGTR1 gene
- WO200504801 Methods For Haplotype Assignment
- WO2004033710 ITGB3 Gene Haplotypes And Atorvastatin Dose Effects On HDL Cholesterol
- WO2004003167 GUCY1B2 Genetic Markers For LDL Cholesterol Response To Statin Therapy
- 3DPrint.comApril 6, 2017
- 3DPrint.comMay 10, 2016
Bill Cass and Sandy Shaner have co-authored the article, "3D Bioprinting of Tissues and Organs: Where Are We?", published on 3DPrint.com on May 10, 2016.
- June 13, 2017The CURE Commons, Groton, Connecticut
Connecticut's bioscience community celebrates the start of summer at CURE's annual picnic. CURE (Connecticut United for Research Excellence) is the bioscience cluster of Connecticut, a diverse network of small and large life and health care sciences companies, universities, scientists, educators, students, entrepreneurs, mentors, business experts, and investors. Cantor Colburn is a member of CURE.
- April 25, 2017Anlyan Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn is pleased to sponsor a CURE BioHaven event, "The Biopharmaceutical Industry’s Challenges in Drug Pricing" with Dr. John LaMattina, about drug pricing transparency.
Cantor Colburn is a member of CURE, Connecticut’s bioscience network. Dr. John LaMattina is currently a Senior Partner at PureTech Health, and is the former Senior Vice President of Pfizer Inc. and former President of Pfizer Global Research and Development.
- December 3, 2013New Haven, Connecticut
Connecticut's bioscience community celebrates the holidays together at CURE's annual holiday party. CURE (Connecticut United for Research Excellence) is the bioscience cluster of Connecticut, a diverse network of small and large life and health care sciences companies, universities, scientists, educators, students, entrepreneurs, mentors, business experts, and investors.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Chemical Society
Intellectual Property Owners Association