- Due Diligence in IP Acquisitions
- IP Transactional
- Strategic IP Portfolio Development and Management
- Trademark and Copyright Practice
- Rising Stars 2016, Legal Media Group
- State of Connecticut, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont, 2008
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire, 2005
The University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly known as the Franklin Pierce Law Center), JD, cum laude, 2005
Tufts University, BA, Political Science, 2001
Jamie Sternberg 고문은 대 미국 특허청 업무, 전 세계 상표담당자들과의 협업, 상표 사용가능성 및 등록가능성 분석 등을 포함한 미국 및 해외 상표보호 획득을 위한 자문을 담당하고 있습니다. Jamie 고문은 상표 무단사용금지 letter 작성 및 분쟁 조정 협상 등을 포함한 지적자산을 보호하기 위한 전략을 개발해왔습니다. 또한Trademark Trial and Appeal Board 및 미국연방법원을 상대로한 상표소송을 담당해왔고 해외 상표소송에 관하여 담당 해외고문들과 협업을 하고 있습니다. Jamie 고문은National Arbitration Forum 및 WIPO를 통한 Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings 을 포함한 인터넷상에서의 상표권행사, 소셜미디어 이슈에 대한 최신내용 자문, generic top-level (gTLD) 도메인네임 프로그램에 대한 전략 가이드를 담당하고 있습니다. 또한Jamie 고문은 회사 인수합병시 보유 상표에 대한 due diligence 및 지적자산에 대한 양도, 라이센스, 자문, 비밀유지, 공유 등의 계약서 작성도 담당하고 있습니다.
고문, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2015 – present
변호사, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2011 – 2014
변호사, McCarter & English, LLP, Hartford, CT, 2010 – 2011
변호사, Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC, Burlington, VT, 2007 – 2010
Shaheen & Gordon, P.A., Concord, NH
- 변호사, 2005 – 2007
- Law Clerk, 2004 – 2005
리걸 인턴, The Timberland Company, Stratham, NH, Spring 2004
마케팅 인턴, Monster.com, Maynard, MA, 2000
- May 20, 2017Barcelona, Spain
The 139th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) took place in Barcelona, Spain from May 20-24, 2017 and was attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- November 22, 2016
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 1:00 pm EST, Jamie Platkin, Counsel in the Trademark & Copyright Department, spoke on the panel of a live Strafford webinar called Preparing UDRP Complaints: Determining Registrant Rights, Providing Evidentiary Support of Bad Faith Registration and Use.
- November 15, 2016Hollywood, Florida
The 2016 INTA Leadership Meeting, November 15-18 in Hollywood, Florida, brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals. It offers them an advanced-level educational program and the opportunity to conduct business and network with colleagues from around the world.
INTA is a global association of trademark owners and professionals dedicated to supporting trademarks and related intellectual property in order to protect consumers and to promote fair and effective commerce.
- October 26, 2016Hartford, Connecticut
Cantor Colburn hosted the October 2016 International Trademark Association (INTA) roundtable, Emerging Issues in the Electronic Marketplace, in the firm’s Hartford office. Trademark attorney Jamie Platkin facilitated the two-hour roundtable discussion where lunch was provided. Contact INTA to register.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 21, 2016Orlando, Florida
- November 17, 2015Panama City, Panama
The INTA Leadership Meeting brings together INTA volunteer leaders once a year to advance the Association’s objectives and goals. It offers them an advanced-level educational program and the opportunity to conduct business and network with colleagues from around the world.
- INTA Leadership Meeting 2014November 11, 2014Phoenix, Arizona
- May 10, 2014Hong Kong, China
- November 12, 2013Miami Beach, Florida
- October 31, 2013Hartford, Connecticut
Jamie Platkin will host The International Trademark Association (INTA) Roundtable "WIPO’s Madrid and OHIM’s CTM and RCD Systems" on October 31, 2013 at Cantor Colburn's Hartford Office.
- May 4, 2013Dallas, Texas
- January 29, 2013Hartford, Connecticut
Jamie Platkin will host The International Trademark Association (INTA) Roundtable "Social Media and Intellectual Property" on January 29, 2013 at Cantor Colburn's Hartford Office.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meeting 2012May 5, 2012Washington, D.C.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 14, 2011San Francisco, California
- Trademark Basics for Businessespresented at Women Business Owners Network chapter meetings on March 18, 2010 in St. Johnsbury, Vermont and on May 20, 2010 in Lebanon, New Hampshire
Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
Connecticut Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Section
Vice President of Education, Secretary, and Vice President of Public Relations for Toastmasters of Greater Burlington, 2007-2010