- Aerospace & Aeronautics
- Automotive Technology
- Computer and Systems Engineering
- Computer Science & Software
- Electrical Engineering & Electronics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Onda Techno Shachou Award
- State of Georgia, 2012
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2003
Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2006
United States Naval Academy, B.S., Control Systems Engineering, 1998
- Intermediate Japanese
Blake Dorr’s practice includes patent prosecution, invalidity and non-infringement opinions, and counseling clients in international patent matters. Blake worked as a U.S. patent attorney at Onda Techno International Patent Attorneys in Tokyo where he counseled a variety of Japanese clients in US intellectual property matters. While in Tokyo, Blake worked with a number of U.S. and European patent owners in appeal and invalidity proceedings before the Tokyo IP High Court and the Japanese Patent Office Board of Appeals. Blake served in the Navy as an engineering officer on the USS Chief and USS Decatur prior to becoming a patent attorney.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2015-present
Patent Attorney, Onda Techno Patent Attorneys, Tokyo, Japan, 2013-2015
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2007-2013
Associate, Thomas, Kayden, Horstemeyer, and Risley LLP, Atlanta, GA, 2006-2007
Main Propulsion Officer, US Navy, USS Decatur, 2001-2003
First Lieutenant, US Navy, USS Chief, 1999-2001
- May 10, 2017Atlanta, Georgia
Cantor Colburn is a gold sponsor of the 4th Annual IP Think Tank and the 13th Annual Intellectual Property Hot Topics Luncheon presented by the Georgia State University College of Law.
- October 8, 2016Bali, Indonesia
Partner Blake Dorr will attend the Asian Patent Attorneys Association 66th Council Meeting in Bali, Indonesia on October 8, 2016.
- International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual MeetingMay 21, 2016Orlando, Florida
- November 13, 2015Okinawa, Japan
- November 5, 2015Atlanta, Georgia
- May 2, 2015San Diego, California
The 137th annual meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) takes place in San Diego, California and will be attended by more than 9,500 trademark professionals including a large delegation from Cantor Colburn.
- March 26, 2015Tokyo, Japan
Blake Dorr attended INTA's Trademarks in Japan conference in Tokyo. Blake, a partner in the firm's Atlanta office, was an attorney with a Japanese firm for two years.
Intellectual Property Owners Association, Asian Practice Committee member
Roppongi Bar Association
Tokyo IP Inns of Court