- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science & Software
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Mechanical Engineering
- Semiconductor Devices & Processing Methods
- Women in the Law – High Achievers, Connecticut Law Tribune, 2010
- West Publishing Company Award for Outstanding Overall Scholastic Achievement
- West Group Book Award for Excellence in the Study of Property
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for top class performance in the study of: Computers and the Law; Property; Defamation, Privacy and Publicity; Jurisprudence and Criminal Responsibility; Lawyering Process
- State of Connecticut, 2001
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2000
University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with high honors, 2001
Union College, M.S., Computer Science, 1984
University of Connecticut, B.S., Mathematics and Statistics, 1981
- Adjunct Professor, University of Connecticut School of Law, Advanced Patent Law, 2001- present
Anne Davis Barry has 17 years’ experience in patent preparation and prosecution, opinions, counseling, and landscaping; her practice is focused on computer technology, including computer infrastructures such as computer hardware, databases, networks and operating systems, as well as business methods and control systems. Anne is responsible for securing patent protection to meet client product launch deadlines; for partnering with clients on site in patent mining sessions to form patent protection strategies; for working directly with inventors; and for management of final work product of associates. Before becoming a patent attorney, Anne spent 15 years with IBM, first as a programmer, then a systems engineer, and lastly a project manager. She has been an adjunct professor of patent law at the University of Connecticut School of Law since 2002.
Partner, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2011-present
Counsel, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2010-2011
Associate, Cantor Colburn LLP, 2000-2010
Technical Advisor, Cantor Colburn LLP, 1999
Nationally Certified Project Manager, managed client consulting projects, IBM, 1993-1999
Systems Engineer, implemented new computer technologies (database, memory, software), IBM, 1986-1993
Systems Analyst/Programmer, IBM, 1984-1986
- June 9, 2015
Cantor Colburn LLP has been recommended as a Leading Firm by the Legal 500 United States 2015 in Intellectual Property for patent prosecution: utility and design patents.
Research is based on feedback from 250,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers.
Seven of the firm’s attorneys have been recommended in the Legal 500 United States 2015’s editorial.
- Connecticut Law TribuneMay 9, 2011
- Hartford Business JournalJanuary 31, 2011
- April 16, 2013New York, NY
Presenter: "Third Party Pre-Issuance Submission and Public Forums: The tension between sections 122(c) and 122(e) and whether an examiner is permitted to search for public forum discussions of a pending application (such as Stack Exchange)"
American Bar Association
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Connecticut Bar Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association